What is up with all the signature basses?

aren’t there a ton…Sting, Sheehan, Bunny Brunel, Jack Bruce, Lee Sklar, Gary Willis, Jaco, Ellefson, Jack Cassidy, Michael Anthony, it goes on and on…just did a quick look at Anderton music and they carry 96 signature basses. I’m sure some of them are a just different version of the same signature bass but it gives you an idea of the market…and that is just what they carry.

3 Likes

I can almost understand well established artists with decades of live performances but even Davie504 has a signature bass… Rob Scallon has a signature guitar…

Edit: I know I already said this… Imagine my confrustration

4 Likes

I think that’s also understable. Those guys are responsible for a whole new generation of bassists!

edit: Well Davie. But I’m sure Rob is also responsible for a whole lot new guitarists.

4 Likes

I’d consider buying a signature instrument if it had some cross combination of things I wanted without having to upgrade or make mods. I often want one feature of one product and a different feature from another. My name doesn’t carry enough weight to get them to make the hybrid I want, at least not where they pay me to do it.

7 Likes

Rob’s bass videos are good too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I only saw the one with davie :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

He does them sometimes :slight_smile:

But the king of guitarists doing bass videos is Jared Dines.

3 Likes

Oh dear.

New signature version of Hooky’s old BB1200S. $2k, and they are only making 14 or so.

4 Likes

Wow, if they are only making 14 or so, it is a collector’s item… perhaps only 1 or 2 out of the 14 will get played regularly and the rest is “just” an investment really!?!

Are you going for it??? :grin:

4 Likes

Hah! No.

Though I could see myself with a BB734a down the line. Probably my next bass if I decide to move on from the TRBX604.

7 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

Signature Bass’s… What the hell,… If they can have their own, I can certainly have mine too!!

Introducing… “The Steel Cable Uni-String Lanny ‘Golden Gate’ Signature Gut Bucket Bass”!!

This “Limited Edition” (1 of 1) ‘Artisan’ (means ‘Ho-Made’) Steel Body (means ‘stronger than wood’) Bass instrument is made from only the finest of available materials… Every component - from the Steel Gut Bucket Body to the Hickory Broom Handle Fretboard, were “Purchased and Assembled” in the USA!

![image|282x500]

The unique Patent Pending Copper Electrical Ground Lug Bridge setup combined with the “Machine Modified” (hole drilled in the middle) Ball brand canning lid provide the combined “Full Resonance” heard only on the “Lanny ‘Golden Gate’ Signature”, and the seal on the lid bridge where it meets the steel body means that the bucket’s “Leak Proof” integrity has not been compromised in any way (means that it can still be used to catch hog guts).

The “String Through” body combined with the Simulated Bone PVC Pipe Nut all connected together with a 1/8” Braided Steel Cable help create that “Signature Lanny ‘Golden Gate’ THUMP”… It just “Keeps on Thumpin’!”

With one hand firmly planted on the solid “Grown in America” Hickory Broom Handle Fretboard, and the other pulling across that 1/8” Braided Steel Bass String,… You’ll truly feel as if you were actually hanging onto a support tower playing one of the cable spans on the “Golden Gate Bridge”…!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

16 Likes

Are you writing ads for Fender in your spare time, Lanny!?! :joy:

That said, I think the Lanny GG Signature is going to be too expensive for my wallet… I will have to wait for the MiM version :crazy_face:

10 Likes

I was the owner of one of the Squier Matt Freeman black P basses. Bought it on ebay for a steal, it was barely used and still had pickguard plastic protection. It was a really nice guitar, I would say nearly as good as a MIM Fender, but my GAS was out of control at that time & I sold it! Bad move!!
I hadn’t heard of Matt before buying it, but liked the Rancid sound, when I researched him, I was a Ska kid from the 1980’s, so got their vibe! At the end of the day though, it was still a Vintage Vibe Squier, but with a signature on it!

6 Likes

Love it!

5 Likes

@Lanny Lanny how do I reserve one?

7 Likes

Don’t let this feature pass you by… :grinning: :joy: :rofl:

7 Likes

So true @eric.kiser Eric!! Then again, being a Georgia boy you’d know that those hog intestines make for some good Southern down home Chitterlings (pronounced “Chit-lens”) - A traditional Southern Holiday treat!

6 Likes

You know what’s sounding good right now is biscuits and gravy, with maybe some grits.

Just can’t get proper southern food here.

7 Likes

@PamPurrs - Pam, will have one with a :rose: on it for you! Will also set your’s up with 8 gauge red “plastic coated” copper wire…:joy::rofl:

7 Likes