What’s going on with Pam

Pam
I know we have never met, but hearing this is a gut punch, and it makes me sad and pissed. I have looked up to you as one of the few women that are part of this group. I pray a miracle is in store for you and Sara. This forum will not be the same without you.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry Pam. I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now, but I will keep you in my thoughts. I know you have been an inspiration to a lot of us on the forum and you have been a lovely contributor to the community.

I have had a lot of death in my life over the last handful of months. Grandma, uncle, two in-laws and a very close friend of mine all passed last year. It’s given me a lot of perspective on life. I don’t know you personally, but you seem like the kind of woman that did what you wanted. You achieved what you set out to accomplish and I hope you can find peace in knowing that you lived your life to the fullest. The people you will leave behind will be impacted forever by your life and that’s all we can hope for as we transition into the unknown.

Don’t stop fighting! You don’t strike me as the kind of gal that will lay down and give up. Wishing you all the best :pray:

13 Likes

Hang in there soldier…. Remember,…… You’ve already been to and through hell….

In my prayers…. Lanny

14 Likes

@PamPurrs … Pammy, you’re still in my thoughts and sending virtual hugs your way.

12 Likes

Thoughts are with you and Sara. Thanks for sharing and the video - that tshirt days it all.
FU cancer.

10 Likes

I’m so very sorry to hear of your health challenges, Pam. You are inspiration of strength and courage. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers—and in my faith in healing miracles. God bless.

10 Likes

Hey Pam,

that was a great video, your buddy hit some of those high notes for you! :+1: You somehow made this into an uplifting post, for all the bad news.

I wish you the best and I loved hearing from you, it’s an inspiration and education. Stay strong!

Antonio

12 Likes

Well this is all kinds of shit!!!

My thoughts are floating across the Atlantic Ocean to you and Sara.

(I’ll DM you)

11 Likes

hi Pam i know i don’t know you as i am a new member here, but i truly wish you the best of luck for your future, cancer is absolutely Shit, i have lost family members to it, i know i’m thousands of miles away and you wont hear them but i will play a few notes just for you,

10 Likes

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :heart: :pray:

10 Likes

Much love and prayers to you and Sara. :heart:

P.s. your F.U. Cancer party video rocked :metal:

10 Likes

That’s some heavy news Pam but keep your chin up - oncology is a rough science and it can take a few tries before they get it right.

Keep your hand on the throttle man, the game’s not over yet :metal:

10 Likes

That’s beautiful.

8 Likes

Will pray for you Pam, my fellow bass girl. Do you like to read? I recommend a book that helped some of my friends currently going through very tough stuff. The title is “Suffer Strong” by Katherine and Jay Wolf. Hugs!

9 Likes

I often remember that phrase that says that we are stronger than we think we are when there is no choice but to be strong… and you certainly are a proof of it. I wish you and Sara strength, love and peace.
If I was a bass builder you would have your signature model with a rose. :rose:

10 Likes

Pam,
Words feel inadequate for expression, so I’ll try sharing a couple of songs with you.

The first was a favorite of one of my ski buddies, Nils. Years ago I was giving him a ride to Mammoth Mountain when You Get What You Give by New Radicals came on the radio and he told me the song raised his spirits when he was dealing with a tough battle with cancer.

The second song is for Sara. It is an instrumental track that I wrote for my Aunt that is titled Another Day. It is about feeling sadness with a strand of hope woven into it.

12 Likes

So sorry to read your bloody awful update @PamPurrs .
Thoughts and prayers for you and Sara

14 Likes

So sorry to read this, @PamPurrs. I had to let it sink in for a few days before I was able to respond. Of course I want to say that you should stick in there, and keep your head up, and keep fighting. However, it also makes me feel a little embarrassed to be saying those things, standing on the sideline, not having to actually fight the fight that you are facing once again. I do hope that you’ll keep fighting though. If there’s one person who is able to win that fight, it is you.

15 Likes

Sending you love and strength Pam and Sara. Thank you for your welcome when I joined this forum. You will be my inspiration when I start chucking a tantrum cos it’s “too hard”. I hope I get to be as badass as you and even more I hope I get to tell you about it. Fuck cancer :butterfly:

12 Likes

@PamPurrs Hi Pam. I don’t believe we’ve ever talked but as a late to the party bass student you’ve been an inspiration to me since I read your bass playing story a couple of years ago. I don’t know what to say that doesn’t sound trite but I’m sending as much love and hope as I can your way.

13 Likes