What song are you currently/next "working on"?

I hate to spoil the unveiling when I post in “Post your Covers”, but I’m working on “Sunshine of Your Love” by Cream. and “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Albert King. Both oldies but goodies.

7 Likes

Pretty Pink Ribbon, by Cake. It’s from Mod 11, Lesson 5, and that’s actually where I first heard the song. The bassline is simple, but catchy, only thing needing some practice is the speed of 120bpm continuously without f*@king up. That, and the recommended fingering - the ring and pinky combo thing still needs some work! There are no bass tabs to be found online though, other than Songsterr, so will have to just trust those for now…

4 Likes

I’m on a few, and this is one of them

3 Likes

The Washburn has been around far, far longer than Warwick. Pretty much like Hans Pilfer stole from Spector, he had to copy Washburn also

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for the history there, I had no idea.

1 Like

@John_Wilkerson Welcome to the BassBuzz forum.

When you have time, come over to the Introduce Yourself thread.

I have 3 that I pulled off UG. Phil Collins- Easy Lover and Something happened on the way to heaven. They will take some effort. The live YouTube videos of both have Leland Sklar as his bassist. He makes it look like Harry Potter meets Phil Collins. The 3rd is Sailing by Christopher Cross, fun, easy, and I mess it up every time I play it. Never in the same spot.

2 Likes

Add this to the list. Bonus points for singing along.

4 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is going to be Billy Jean
Paul

Oh man. Ling Colour’s first two albums are still amazing. They went from playing small clubs to being the opening band for the Rolling Stones. Then things fell apart. Muzz, the bass player, even went back to being a fireman. They’ve done some music since then but it isn’t what it was.

Edit: Turns out Muzz’s return to being a fireman was either short lived or was just bad information. He’s still making music but not with Living Colour.

4 Likes

I keep starting to work on a song that I love, get a few phrases down pat, and then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and
then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and
then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and
then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and …

So my answer to the question is YES

7 Likes

I accidentally started another thread like this so I will just come over here since @joergkutter kindly pointed me in the right direction. I am working on Schism by Tool and Maxwell Murder by Rancid breaking down the more difficult parts in to chunks

5 Likes

I’m working on Plush by Stone Temple Pilots

7 Likes

Plush is a great song.

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying it @LesterH
Not too difficult and yet quite satisfying to play

4 Likes

@Mac Here is a link to Schism (Tool). I posted this because often times we just post a finished product of a cover. I wanted to share with others the hours of practice that goes into learning something new. I started working on this song about 4 or 5 hours ago with some breaks in there. This is not the whole song still figuring out the ending. There is a bit of a syncing issue between the video and audio but it is just practice. When I get it completed I will post it in the covers thread. https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/07/schism-tool-bass-practice/

3 Likes

Working through the Bridge of Sighs album…James Dewar is solid as a rock.

4 Likes

“Love Me Do” by The Beatles.

3 Likes

Great song @JerryP

3 Likes

finished Tears of a Clown, Midnight Hour, and Too Rolling Stoned…next up Signed Sealed and Delivered, Badge, and The Tracks of My Tears

7 Likes