What song are you currently/next "working on"?

Excellent tool indeed!! Helps a lot when copyright claims make it hard to make a cover!
But this not me, unfortunately, just a cover that helped me make a tab to study myself :wink:

2 Likes

fantastic job and tone! Love your fretless. What make/model is it?

2 Likes

That feeling I get when I finally nail a difficult song I’ve been working on…
17b6183165c5419787ac95e754fba91988ae83535376958365d8e5e814de7065.0
I’ll be posting it on the Post your Covers thread in a couple of days.

8 Likes

Green screen, lights, cameras; everything setup to shoot my next cover video tomorrow morning.

9 Likes

Whoa . . . what a set up, Pam! . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

After spending a little over a month working on the ever so complex bass line to Nowhere Man, and posting it on the Post your Covers thread on Friday, I told Sara I’m exhausted and need a break before I work on another song.
Here is is Monday (3 days later) and I’m back at it. I can’t help myself, I love working on covers. Is there a support group for this?
My next cover is a “Soft Rock / R&B” number that blew up the charts when it was out. I’m not going to replicate the bassline on this one like I did on Nowhere Man, instead I’m just writing my own using the chord chart and some walking bass line skills that I learned on TalkingBass.
Here we go again!

5 Likes

DItto - but I am deciding on 1 of 3, sign me up for your support group.

2 Likes

Starting on ‘pour some sugar on me’ by Def Leppard, and ‘in my remains’ by Linkin park =3. Can do a few notes so far, but I’m not ‘there’ yet.

3 Likes

I have a few that I’m actually, actively working on:

• Hotel California, by The Eagles,
  • God Save the Queen, by the Sex Pistols,
  • Stir It Up, by Bob Marley, and…
  • Born Under a Bad Sign, by Albert King.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the BassBuzz forums. :smiley:

2 Likes

Love it Pam - a good night sleep that’s all you needed. :joy:

2 Likes

Reel Big Fish-Beer. It needs a TON of work. But this is what I am working on and this thread is not called “what are you almost finished with.”

Work: Need to slow down to .75 speed. Transitions are killing me and I can’t keep up. Just the first 2 verses here. Gets even crazier as it goes on.

Oh, and I realized why my last recording stunk. My cat unplugged my external mike, so I was recording through the webcam. Fear not! My scarlet solo arrives this weekend!

https://youtu.be/q766tfwoxSI

4 Likes

Dude, that’s sounding pretty good already! I look forward to the “finished” version (they’re never finished).
I’m with ya on the cats, too. One of my cats barfed on my pedal board not long ago. Several hours and a full can of DeOxit later, I think I’ve got it back to normal :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s a very jazzy upright bass line. Very cool.

1 Like

I’m working on ‘You’re the one that I want’ (uh uh uh) to tackle some issues I’m having with ghost notes at speed. This bassline is quite fun to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itRFjzQICJU&ab_channel=VideosMusicaVEVO

4 Likes

Oooh that’s a great bass line!

3 Likes

That is a great bass line!

I’ve just gotten started on Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Whew, this is going to be an adventure. Most of it’s pretty standard, but I feel like the real challenge will be keeping the timing solid for 8-1/2 minutes and doing a double time slap line in the middle :roll_eyes:
https://youtu.be/C11MzbEcHlw

ETA: the real challenge will be finding someone who can f*cking sing it so I can play bass behind them. Oy.

4 Likes

Don’t ask Meatloaf :joy:
Saw him at Birmingham in the uk way back in the early 80s and he was so unfit that his lead guitarist ended up singing this song. Did a fair job too but we didn’t pay to see him

2 Likes

But HE should have gotten “My heart will go on” ! …riiiight.

2 Likes

I found my new warm-up challenge… I’m not even close to good at it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5bt8ZiBo4

This one presents an interesting learning curve – really forces me to get the string crossing silky-smooth to get it to sound right. Not to mention the blazing speed of it all.

We bought a new house recently, and getting everything around has taken up a lot of my time. Nice to have something that’s frustrating in a wholly different way, hehe.

3 Likes