What song are you currently/next "working on"?

The trick with Billie Jean is to get the right alternate picking pattern.

2 Likes

Can’t be any worse than my guitar version of For Whom the Bell Tolls :scream:

1 Like

I’ve been attempting to pick for whom the bell tolls, i think if I’ve got maybe 12-15% of it right at any time it would be generous. Me and that pick haven’t got a great relationship.

1 Like

I’ve covered the bass part finger style half decently but not attempted it with a pick @autumnsdad1990

Am still working on Eye in the Sky.
Have now progressed to playing with the full backing track. I have the entire bassline memorized yet with the entire mix I keep losing count and screw up from about halfway :man_shrugging:t2: oh well, practice, practice, rest, rinse and repeat.

I’ll get there and then it’s on to another song to learn.

2 Likes

We have a post your covers thread if that interests you @wheelcowboy

2 Likes

I’ve seen that one but lack the equipment to properly record myself playing.
The phone, tablet and camera ain’t the greatest for picking up the bass sound and need someone to film it for me.

Plus it just puts more pressure on me to get it right and while I can play a few melodies and Baba O’Riley prefectly, if the hands cooperate, it’s never a guarantee that I don’t screw up (am trying to get rid of my perfectionism but it still pops up every now and then).

3 Likes

Well, I’m now currently the main songwriter in my band so I’m working on our next hit single an original song for us :smile:

Where’s Josh’s Scrub2Superhero songwriting course? XD

3 Likes

Many start here, some stay here.
You can do it and buy a tripod or holder for your phone.
We can listen and watch through the poor recording quality, we get it.

3 Likes

The first couple of videos I recorded were done with my phone, which I had on my desk on top of some books, and stood against another book for support.

4 Likes

Using a phone for video is fine. Audio I would always record directly to the computer. You just need video software to sync the video and audio track.

Actually sold my camera because the video quality of my phone is much better :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So, today is the day. I’m leaving in about 10 minutes to go get my right hip replaced. I’m going with a huge smile, not only because I’ll soon walk normally again-but also because the waiting is over👍

10 Likes

Good luck with everything @autumnsdad1990

3 Likes

Thank you! Here’s to hoping my surgeon didn’t find the bottom of a bottle last night!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed, man!!

4 Likes

@autumnsdad1990 good luck and hoping for a good recovery.

4 Likes

hopes 4 successful procedure and fast recovery @autumnsdad1990

5 Likes

Following up “Bad Moon Rising” (which always reminds me of An American Werewolf in London" ) “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” – I just love the bassline in this one, so I’ll put in some work over the next few days/weeks to get both of those down!

3 Likes

Good luck with the surgery @autumnsdad1990!

4 Likes

Hope everything goes smooth for you @autumnsdad1990, wishing you a speedy recovery. Getting old sucks :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes