What song are you currently/next "working on"?

Right next door by Robert Cray, No easy way out by Robert Tepper, finally The boys are back by Thin Lizzy. Feels very ambitious.

1 Like

Been toying with The Boys are Back in Town for ages. Shows what talent Phil had playing the bass line and singing !

2 Likes

Two songs I’m currently mucking around on:

• Burning Beard (Clutch)
  • All My Loving (The Beatles)

Both to be drums & bass covers, and uploaded to the covers thread (assuming my playing is not too embarrassing).

3 Likes

@Mac, They always work best when you’re in the groove and don’t even know that you’re using them…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

I will persevere @Lanny

Hope all is well with you and yours

2 Likes

Doing just fine out here at the Kingdom @Mac!! Just trying to get caught up on projects here that have been put off for the last 18 months… Damn pollen is driving us nuts out here though… Gotta love spring time!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

Good to hear @Lanny
Just in Fall here and starting to get an old cold night. Mind you we can’t complain when you see the flooding in the two eastern states.
Stay safe and we’ll
Mac

1 Like

I loved this song for some reason even though it doesn’t fall in my usual music categories but something spoke in my soul.
Also the fingering might be easier for me but it’s a challenge at the same time, because I need to use my pinky and travel to 3 strings in certain rythm.
I have managed after 3 hours to kinda perfect it, but sometimes I count wrong and I mess up. I always play the last phrase correct tho, so I don’t know, maybe it’s the voice that messes me up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WPjc5ruOPA

4 Likes

I really enjoyed listening. The fretless is nice on that tune and your intonation sounds spot on to me.

Pretty nifty study tool you posted on youtube also! I had no idea you could even do this.

2 Likes

Excellent tool indeed!! Helps a lot when copyright claims make it hard to make a cover!
But this not me, unfortunately, just a cover that helped me make a tab to study myself :wink:

2 Likes

fantastic job and tone! Love your fretless. What make/model is it?

2 Likes

That feeling I get when I finally nail a difficult song I’ve been working on…
17b6183165c5419787ac95e754fba91988ae83535376958365d8e5e814de7065.0
I’ll be posting it on the Post your Covers thread in a couple of days.

8 Likes

Green screen, lights, cameras; everything setup to shoot my next cover video tomorrow morning.

9 Likes

Whoa . . . what a set up, Pam! . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

After spending a little over a month working on the ever so complex bass line to Nowhere Man, and posting it on the Post your Covers thread on Friday, I told Sara I’m exhausted and need a break before I work on another song.
Here is is Monday (3 days later) and I’m back at it. I can’t help myself, I love working on covers. Is there a support group for this?
My next cover is a “Soft Rock / R&B” number that blew up the charts when it was out. I’m not going to replicate the bassline on this one like I did on Nowhere Man, instead I’m just writing my own using the chord chart and some walking bass line skills that I learned on TalkingBass.
Here we go again!

5 Likes

DItto - but I am deciding on 1 of 3, sign me up for your support group.

2 Likes

Starting on ‘pour some sugar on me’ by Def Leppard, and ‘in my remains’ by Linkin park =3. Can do a few notes so far, but I’m not ‘there’ yet.

3 Likes

I have a few that I’m actually, actively working on:

• Hotel California, by The Eagles,
  • God Save the Queen, by the Sex Pistols,
  • Stir It Up, by Bob Marley, and…
  • Born Under a Bad Sign, by Albert King.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the BassBuzz forums. :smiley:

2 Likes

Love it Pam - a good night sleep that’s all you needed. :joy:

2 Likes