What to Learn on Bass (in Order)

So you wanna learn bass… but where do you start with INFINITY bass lessons out there? This video. Here. Stop reading and watch it.

What Order 1.3 (55 STEPS)

If you’re doing the Beginner to Badass course, this lesson would fit anytime… but you don’t really need it cuz I’ll teach you all this stuff with no effort required on your part. :slightly_smiling_face:

How do you keep yourself excited about learning bass, so you don’t get crushed by THE RESISTANCE? :facepunch:

19 Likes

I was going to put a link in the forums - forgetting that it would appear here anyway.

I think this is the best video you’ve released: covering everything and tempting folk in deeper. Good to see you on YouTube again. It really cheered me up and has given me a lift today. Thanks.

5 Likes

Excellent video Josh!

2 Likes

@JoshFossgreen did you actually squirt ketchup in your ear?

And they say musicians don’t suffer for their art. :smiley:

6 Likes

Badass video, @JoshFossgreen. You simultaneously gave players a damn comprehensive map to self-teach (as if anyone were actually self-motivated enough to do all of this on his/her own!), scared the bejesus out of the jillions of YouTube “teacher” types who were feverishly taking notes as they watched the 55 steps while asking themselves *"How the fü¢# can I possibly cover all this shit in my lifetime???", and you made a really compelling case for wannabe players to sign up for B2B. Very impressive flexing of the Force, dude. :+1:

9 Likes

Fabulous Episode There Brother @JoshFossgreen & I Feel Beyond Honored

I Appreciate You And All Of These Amazing Members ,
Cheers

P.S. I Am The Actual Student At The 10:06 Mark

6 Likes

Yuupppp, and it went so much further IN than the shot reflects, lol. One of the more disgusting moments in BB filming history, maybe the most, after the pile of vacuum dust in my face for this one:

Thanks to @travis.thepadre.reed and everybody else who gave me permission to use their clips in the vid!

11 Likes

so there is one very important thing here that i think we all need an answer to @JoshFossgreen

is that for real your wife?

5 Likes

Yeah, and are those guys really your students? :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Not officially married yet, but we’re en route, so she was perfectly suited to play the part of Orange Hat Josh’s wife. :bride_with_veil:

Yep, only had to pay them $50,000 each to take my lessons and leave a positive review :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:

Should have contacted me, I’d have done it for $25,000 :wink:

6 Likes

so great, congrats to you two! of course this means we will be expecting to see her in all future bb videos :grin:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Congratulations, Josh!

The video came at the absolute perfect time. I’m still working through (Module 11) and I wouldn’t say I’m floundering… not really. I’m kind of bummed that there’s only a few more modules and also at a point where the lessons aren’t coming as smoothly as they had been up until now. I’ve been looking at other things to do besides B2B to help me practice. I think I’m going to focus on memorizing some of the major and minor scales and doing a lesson or two every other night.

3 Likes

Is anybody else excited to receive their wedding invitation through the post? Personally I was hoping to be hired as the wedding band, but I’m so far behind my B2B peers that I can hardly play Another One Bites the Dust - which may not be an appropriate song at a wedding.

(or maybe it is)

3 Likes

$25.000 is about 7€ :slight_smile:

Every BassBuzz forum member will be invited and play in the wedding band, as far as I understand.

It will be bigger than this:

2 Likes

Under Pressure - maybe another inappropriate wedding song…

1 Like

I mean, could it be any more appropriate for a bass themed wedding?

1 Like