What was your second bass? (assuming your first one was an entry level one)

Yamaha BB234 was my first and I still play it regularly but a couple months after getting that I found a used G&L Tribute L2000 for a nice price on Reverb which sounds phenominal but is quite heavy, then last month I got a Fender Aerodyne Jazz while they were on a decent sale. It’s a very nice variety with a lot of tone options

1 Like

The Spector Dimension :drooling_face: It looks soooo good. I’m saving up for the 5 string version as my 3rd bass

2 Likes

I started with an Ibanez GSR200B

Then, after a couple of years moved to Squier PB VM which was a great upgrade in sound (the Ibanez felt too complex and didn’t provide main stream sound for me - maybe I didn’t manage to get it)

Finally, after B2B I went for a Fender player JB (didn’t allow me to go for the Adam Clayton JB … not so much for budget but I thought I still didn’t deserve this type of price tag)

TBH, the squier (with flats) is as enjoyable as the Fender

2 Likes

My first was also a TRBX174EW… It is now my dedicated BEAD tuned bass and still gets played when I need that extra low string some some songs… My second… a TRBX304 in Candy Apple Red… A great bass that also gets played quite a bit even though it’s really kinda heavy… Not a bass to be playing out with since it’s passive only, but it did teach me how to use an onboard EQ, and, this is the bass that I always learn new songs on - it’s really easy to play and sounds great… Of course there’s been a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th bass since then and they all have their unique differences which is why (to me) playing bass is so fun and unique… I do however have my favorite that gets played the most because of its versatility and the tones I get from it when I play… It was either #5th or 6th… :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

The first was a used Silvertone 1444 Dolphin Bass with a single lipstick pickup like this one. Purchased around Christmas 1965 for $35 with case.

The second was a LPB '66 Fender Jass Bass like this one purchased new for somewhere around $325-$350 with case.

The third was a '63 PBass bought used from a friend for $225 with case.

5 Likes

Dig it!!

My first bass was a Japanese made Cobra Pbass from the late 60’s early 70’s. It had the body of the Stratocaster with the neck of the Telecaster.

This is my $80 Grandpa Pigeon’s Cobra Pbass. With a single maxon mini humbucker, a volume, and a tone pots. These basses today are just over grown guitars.

Then my second bass was a red Maco. With the PJ style pickups. Which just happens to be the only bass I end up getting. I’ve gone through a lot of basses since I was 16. Now I’ve got a 74 Harmony H906 a Rogue LX205B (Which I’ve decided to just strip it down, and use the plywood body for firewood.), a Rogue SX100B duby Generic Pbass, and my Generic Jazz Bass. I have two guitars and 4 basses. There’s only two of them 6 with a solid body. My generic jazz bass, and Walmart Special First Act Me80 guitar. My Harmony was made in Japan and has a plywood body. So she is in pieces in my storage unit. With the laquer stripped off the front and the back.

2 Likes

Nobody PLANS to have GAS…It’s a disease! It can be managed, for a time, but there’s no cure :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes