What will you be playing today?

Drop D tuning is common. Until I got my 5-string, my 4 string was often (maybe usually) in Drop D.

1 Like

I ended up buying a Korg Microkeys 25 just now because someone was selling a new one for half price. I could probably turn a profit on resale, so why not. Of course that means that now the USQ-1 VSTi is really tempting. But to hold me over I found some excellent free synth VSTi’s.

3 Likes

Not wasting any time here :smile:

That looks like it is the absolute minimum you’d want to have, but if it serves your needs, why not!? I am a bit drawn to the pads the Nektar has, to quickly enter a drum pattern… Also, the remote control of the DAW is neat…

1 Like

Yeah I just want a minimal heyboard here. I have a separate drum machine so entering patterns there is already covered. I was considering a three-octave but space is pretty tight in my practice area now, and also this thing popped up new for about 25 euro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hard (scratch that: impossible) to beat :grin:

2 Likes

@howard How do you go about finding all the great used gear deals?

2 Likes

The market is thriving here and Mercari makes it super simple.

But mostly patience and frequent searching.

3 Likes

I will definitely be returning to Billie Jean. After that, I may also turn back to Mod 6 Lesson 4 today.

1 Like

I’m just trying to carve out a little time each day to play something. Anything.

Today I spent half an hour on Canteloupe Island, which is proving to be a very simple jazz standard with some stretching and switching - quite possibly a good one for fairly early on the road for a beginner. If you like jazz.

2 Likes

it is a trap, bought a new keyboard 2 weeks ago now my bass is jealous…

2 Likes

The little Microkeys I got is cute. I like it. Wish I had room for another octave though. That LX49 looks very nice.

2 Likes

bought a 5 octave yamaha, got fed up with the cheap feel of the keys on my midi controller
guess because the new series was introduced at Namm, they knocked quiet a bit of the price

3 Likes

Yes, but this is also the full-blown version… used to have a predecessor to this keyboard, but gave it away to save some space.

:rofl:

1 Like

It’s funny, I still know the person I sold my ESQ-1 to 20 years ago. I briefly considered asking if he still had it and what he would take for it, but getting it here would be ruinous. But that would be some cool full-circle completionism :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Open D blues today. I’ve been cheating on my bass… it started out with 3 and 4 string guitars on the side… now I’m up to 6 strings on a regular basis… I might need an intervention. :pleading_face:

8 Likes

Yeah, wrong forum, man!! Unless, it is a six-string bass :grin:

No, seriously, looks great, but don’t forget your roots :smile:

And… wow, snow!!

5 Likes

Do we have a B2B graduation thread somewhere?

I’ve checked off my ‘passed the course’ list, today gonna start on my extra gold star list.

I see it’s all the not so easy stuff like Billie Jean, Higher & Higher, Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag. Gonna take some work to say I can really nail those! :grinning:

4 Likes

Nope. Not specifically. Maybe we need one.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, maybe an “alumni” list with the month and year of your “graduation” :smile:

3 Likes

Now we do… BassBuzz BadAss Alumni!

3 Likes