What would you choose - MM Stingray Colors

Just a little fun, wondering what others think.
There are so darn many to choose from it gets overwhelming (gee, like everything else).
I could only include 20 in the poll so had to took out black/white/bursts.

The best Stingray Colors…
  • Amethyst Sparkle - Rosewood
  • Speed Blue - Rosewood
  • Frost Greeen Pearl - Maple
  • Raspberry Burst - Ebony
  • Smoked Chrome - Ebony
  • Snowy Night - Maple
  • Firemist Silver - Maple
  • Tectonic Blue Sparkle - Ebony
  • Ghost Pepper - Maple
  • Ghostwood - Maple
  • Maroon Mist - Rosewood
  • Chopper Blue - Rosewood
  • Jet Black - Ebony
  • Cruz Teal - Ebony
  • Aqua Sparkle - Ebony
  • Charging Green - Maple
  • Burnt Apple - Roasted Maple
  • Charcoal Sparkle - Ebony
  • Dropped Copper - Roasted Maple
  • HD Yellow - Rosewood

0 voters

Here is a link to the site for reference if you want to see the full instrument/neck/etc.
https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/stingray-special

2 Likes

Interesting poll but to be honest a tough one for me because I don’t really like Music Man colours. Mind you I don’t like many of the current Fender colours either. Most of them are just too garish, like that dreadful copper penny colour Fender is currently hawking. I like old school, softer colours reminiscent of the 50s and 60s. I have a Daphne blue strat so I voted for chopper blue being the closest colour to that but my all time favourite is shell pink which you just dont get offered these days unless you pay $7000 for a heavy reliced custom shop.

My theory on body colour/neck combos for any one interested is that they should contrast each other. So if you have a light coloured body it should have a rosewood neck and if you have a dark body it should have a maple neck. This gives guitars with either combination a proper definition. For example I have two strats - a daphne blue with rosewood neck and a dark sunburst with maple neck. My Olympic white jazz has a rosewood neck. Putting a rosewood neck on a black body just looks ugly in my opinion (unless you’re playing bass in a death metal band and then looking ugly is probably seen as a good thing). Similarly a maple neck on a light coloured body like olympic white, butterscotch or daphne blue just looks washed out.

1 Like

Pretend someone says…pick five out, they are free…

4 Likes

I’d grab any of them and repaint them :smile:

3 Likes

i really like the new snowy night color.

however, i do have to say on balance that i liked the last group of colors more than the new ones.

2 Likes

To me this bass has a heavenly glow around it every time I see a pic of it, so no contest :slight_smile:

Hoping at least one music store around me has it in stock when they come out April 20th.

4 Likes

The Amethyst Sparkle is so ‘in your face cool’ but also wonder how all that white holds up over time. Is it like a new pair of white sneakers that look good until you walk outside once?

Same on that Snowy white et all.

1 Like

I realise that this is a Sterling by Music Man Ray4 not an EBMM, but I’m partial to the translucent satin blue with rosewood. In real life, the fretboard is quite a bit lighter in color. @T_dub changed his pickguard to an aluminum diamondplate looking one and it’s even better :

3 Likes

Thanks, I love this color and the upgraded pick guard and Aguilar pick up.
I was gonna post a pic, just to have it, but the god dammed DEA took my phone again, and all the pics on my phone are gone, even the ones that were shared on my computer and Ipad. I may try to get a pic with my Ipad in a bit, just pissed they keep taking my freaking phones.