Whatcha Watchin'? The TV Thread

Star Wars has eras too now, just like Taylor Swift :rofl: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Old Republic by far the best but so far only covered in games.

The new series they are producing, The Acolyte, is supposed to be set in The Old Republic I think

1 Like

I think Acolyte is High Republic but yeah there’s another one set at Dawn of the Jedi, even before Old Republic.

Acolyte looks great!

1 Like

I gotta say I like what they are doing, minus the cartoons - way too many and hard to keep up with / catch up with / care - and I know there are a lot of good nuggets in them.
I would rather they go slower and put out less and to the point of the story vs. the cartoons.

Guess this is what I will watch when the strike dries up all new shows soon.

2 Likes

Clone Wars is the best Star Wars ahow made yet. But yeah it is spread out over seven 22-episode seasons. Still, worth it, especially the last two seasons.

1 Like

It sounds strange, but I would prefer it if they stopped trying to wedge in easter eggs and cameos. They have an entire universe and timeline to play with.
They do eventually seem to be coming round to the idea of different times and hopefully it will stop them being bogged down in their own cannon.

1 Like

Yeah totally. Though expect lots of Yoda and Yaddle in the High Republic stuff :slight_smile: Plus they will start namedropping Revan and Malgus to hint at Old Republic in it as well I bet.

Ahsoka is very much starting out as Rebels fan service for sure, but in a very good way, and so far the new characters are great.

1 Like

@howard - did you know this?
I had no idea…

2 Likes

Whoa! No I did not. Ramona Flowers married Mark Renton! Everything makes sense now.

2 Likes

When is Jar Jar Binks making a comeback?

1 Like

They redeemed the actor that played him with a cameo as a very kickass Jedi in the last season of Mandalorian :rofl:

His daughter appeared in Obi Wan I think, his uncle was in Star Wars too. A family almost as deeply involved as the Skywalkers

Big Banshee fan, just started The Boys and OMG.
SO GOOD.

2 Likes

Like Watchmen, but more 2020s

i hate star wars and all those spinoff shows and you guys are all dorks :grinning: that mandalorian show sucked and was boring. that andor show was sooooper boring. :expressionless:

but this show is… actually really good, clicked on it out of curiosity mostly. dammit, why can’t they all be this good?

3 Likes

First scene and I was “oh hell yeah”. Best superhero show out there. Garth Ennis’s take on superheroes is unique. Very sick mind mr Ennis has, I’m still emotionally scared from his “Crossed” comic series.

It really is! They have gone back to the Space Opera with it, which was desperately needed. Really they should just let Filoni run everything.

1 Like

(if you like it you would probably like Clone Wars and Rebels, unless animated isn’t your thing - it feels very much like episodes from those shows)

Watching the third season of The Orville.