Whatcha Watchin'? The TV Thread

Oooh, thanks! I will definitely watch.

Check out this puzzle ($17) I got for my pop-up shop:

3 Likes

I LOVE Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, and The Old Man. Haven’t caught the others yet.

2 Likes

Ohhhh The Wire! One of the best scenes ever when the detectives are analyzing a crime scene and communicate solely through the use of the word, “f*ck.”

3 Likes

Oh hell, yes! Absolute genius stuff.

1 Like

Yep. Sunday night was THE time to use the internet in the '90s, because everyone and their uncle Bob was watching the X-files.

3 Likes

Sweet home on netflix

1 Like

Where on earth did you find anything Lizzo where she has her clothes on? lol

2 Likes

SEC Championship game…. GO DAWGS!!

5 Likes

Re-watching Barney Miller, The Sopranos
Season 5 of The Crown

1 Like

The Sopranos was a fantastic series

3 Likes

@John_E My youngest son and I binged X-files, last year I think, but we quit after watching season 6. I probably would have continued, but he was tired of it. There are two types of stories: Monster of the Week, and the conspiracy episodes. We also watched both X-file films. I wanted to see it because I never watched it when it was first telecast.

We had watched the entire collection of Cheers at the beginning of the epidemic, that is 7 years and 275 episodes, although those are half-hour* in length, vs. X-files at an hour* apiece. Can’t beat a good comedy, plus laughter is good for you.
*minus time for commercials

Recently we watched season 4 of Stranger Things, so we are now caught up with that one.
We also binged West Wing this year, and whatever specials, for a total of 154 episodes. I had never seen that one, either.

2 Likes

No doubt. I watched all seasons again recently.

1 Like

Yeah, we watched it again, too.

1 Like

white lotus
fleishman is in trouble
starting 1899 tonite but might get to S2 of ‘dark’ first
andor
mythic quest
and assorted others

2 Likes

Born to kill
24 hours
First 24
And The Middle :wink:

1 Like

Earlier this year: Obi-Wan and a bunch of Clone Wars (need to complete all seasons).

More recently, bingeing Better Call Saul on Youtube. Earlier did the same with Strange New Worlds.

Soon, reupping Disney Plus to catch Andor.

3 Likes

for the record, i think andor is the best star wars thing since empire strikes back.

6 Likes

I heard someone else say that about Andor, too - need to watch

4 Likes

That’s what my friends say too, which surprises me because Obi-Wan was nearly perfect (minus a poorly executed Leia chase scene :rofl:)

I absolutely love how they triggered Star Wars stans with the first episode. The fanboy rage was glorious to watch, and only later you realize that both the pacing and the character flaws were intentional and really well executed. The last two episodes were some of the best Star Wars ever made.

4 Likes

Are you referring to Obi-Wan or Andor? I’m all for triggering SW fan boys

3 Likes