What's the deal with effects and pedals? (Also: sound in general)

I’m looking forward to your 48 hour cover in the “Post your Covers” thread.

3 Likes

best fuzz pedal darkglass microtubes over drive pedal. and to complement is a darkglass harmonic booster can’t go wrong.

3 Likes

But… But… What about the Green Russian Muff? What about the Orange Fur Coat Fuzz?

4 Likes

Like basses, Necks, strings, Amps, Cabs, Combo’s, Pre-amps, and effects
They are all very personal as well.

1 Like

@PamPurrs I like if, fits my needs perfectly. It’s only an 8 inch speaker, so expectations need to be managed. I wanted something with a tweeter to keep my backing tracks bright and pleasant. No preamp required. You can plug even a passive bass in and play. I’ll try to do a thorough review in a week or two

3 Likes

I know this is slightly off topic, but I want everyone to know that I’m returning the VT Bass DI to Amazon for a refund, so it won’t be a part of my conversations for now.

It’s not that I don’t like it… I love it actually. It’s a money issue. I’m also returning many other items that I purchased recently.

I just found out that our sweet dog Lucy needs surgery that’s going to cost nearly $4,000.00, which will just about wipe out our meager savings. I’m scraping everywhere I can to minimize the impact on our savings.

I can always buy that pedal again in the future, but for now, Lucy needs surgery more than I need the pedal.

16 Likes

life>pedals

9 Likes

Wow . . . that’s a shame, Pam @PamPurrs . . . :frowning: . . sorry to hear that.

Such a sweet little dog . . . hope she’ll be alright

All best, Joe

8 Likes

That trumps everything - would do the same in a heartbeat!!

Good luck with her surgery!

6 Likes

Get better soon Lucy :heart::heart:

5 Likes

Hi Pam @PamPurrs,
Hope everything works out ok for Lucy, you can always replace your gear down the track, Family comes first.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

+1, and here’s to a swift recovery for Lucy!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear! Prayers going out to your little doggy!

5 Likes

Dogs come 1st, then other family members :upside_down_face:

I had to pack up and return a bunch of things last year when the wife was laid off when covid hit. Things are easily replaceable, family is not.

Much love to Lucy from NY.

5 Likes

Yeah. Pedals are nothing compared Lucy. I hope she get’s better soon.
Tell her we said, “She’s a good dog!” :heart:

5 Likes

Best wishes to Lucy…

5 Likes

This looks like an interesting pedal. I’ve watched a couple videos on it, and it sounds amazing.
Question: could this also be used as a pre-amp?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UltrawaveBass--source-audio-ultrawave-multiband-bass-processor-pedal

4 Likes

To an extent. Source audio pedals have EQ settings you can change within them, but it’s not as quick as changing on the fly.

Here’s a screenshot of the settings for EQ:

2 Likes

This is one of their more on depth and complicated pedals, and it’s full potential is way beyond me, but looking through the settings on the Neuro App, you can fully remap each of the knobs to just about any parameter, including EQ

There are 26 more selectable options, and that’s just for one channel. These are stereo pedals if you choose to have them set up like that.

4 Likes

Tbh. I have a ton of pedals for my synths. (Or I think I have … don’t lend your gear if you don’t want to see it anymore :frowning: ) In the end all the gadgets are just a way how to modify and shape A sound. I find the mindset of “why does an instrument need a further modification” quite a bad take on the thing, it’s never the instrument it’s always the sound.

5 Likes