What's the deal with effects and pedals? (Also: sound in general)

Now you have me looking too @DaveT

3 Likes

Lo-Fi solution @DaveT ?

7 Likes

Now that’s using your head @Barney

3 Likes

Hee heee. I. I could put a Bluetooth keyboard on the floor and put some push rods in a rack over it.

4 Likes

Ah ha, the dictation application has some choices ….

3 Likes

Several of the ‘tablet’ ones work with PC as well, and have different modes, not really ‘programmable’ like the other ones above, which look glitchy.

This one allows you to program as well…

Looks like I bought the wrong one, only does ipad. :rage:

4 Likes

This one will work (I think)?

4 Likes

That entire product line looks good.
I am running out of room at my feet, so I like the smaller one you found.

4 Likes

Kind of funny. My first thought was the same as @Paul with having a controller for a music keyboard.

@JoshFossgreen once told about using a keyboard on the floor and hitting the space bar with his foot to start and stop recording for his videos. It was in the context of saying that he now has a pedal for that. Maybe he’ll chime in and say what he uses.

4 Likes

@DaveT You looking for something like this?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Pacer--nektar-pacer-midi-foot-controller

or these 11 Best MIDI Foot Controllers (2022) | Heavy.com

3 Likes

Not quite. I want to press the backspace and the spacebar keys on my PC keyboard.

3 Likes

Hey @DaveT , Sweetwater has a demo 4 button for $3 more than the 2 button right now

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BT200S-4--airturn-bt200s-4-controller-bluetooth-foot-controller-with-4-switches?cond=BT200S-4d1

4 Likes

Oooh. Thank you. I missed that.

3 Likes

Hi @itsratso, do you still use your Beat Buddy? In a moment of weakness, I just ordered the full blown instead of the mini and not sure if it is going to be overkill for me. Alot of reviewers said the beats included were not that great, and the premium libraries from Singular were too expensive.

2 Likes

Hey josh v2 :grin:

I have kind of told the story but we moved about 6 months ago and immediately jumped in to a fairly big home rehab. So 90% of my stuff is in boxes and my setup consists of a practice amp and an itty bitty pedalboard. I couldn’t even tell you where my bb is right now :rofl: but when the rehab is done i will have a “show your practice space” post that will blow some friggin minds.

however, i don’t think you made a bad decision at all for a few reasons. First i think it’s an awesome pedal AS IS. yes the downloads are expensive but you don’t really need them, i have zero plans on buying any. And the big version does a lot more then the baby pedal does. And last, if it’s not for you, sell it on reverb. Used ones are pretty rare i think and you probably won’t lose much for renting it for a while.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I am 51, so I was calling myself v1 and Fossgreen v2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Mo accurate :+1:

1 Like

Just take it for what it is. Its not a real drummer and never will be. Its also not a full blown drum machine. But its the best drum pedal out there and will get the job done.

3 Likes

For any Helix users this pedal is emulated as the Elephant Man. It’s really fun to play around with.

1 Like

This JHS little black box attenuator is pretty cool in combination with a (tube) amp. I thought i hated the overdrive on this amp, turns out it is ridiculously good :laughing:

3 Likes