What's the deal with effects and pedals? (Also: sound in general)

well, we all have our downfalls!!! lol jk, I love apple products, I think its the pedal not the computer, but idk, also I realized I’m an idiot I tried 2 softwares, and the second was for the GT-10B…which I don’t have yet…DUHHHHH!!! can you tell I worked 57 hours this week? lol

2 Likes

You can also try the official zoom software if they have a Mac version. They both do the same thing and I personally don’t find much difference between the two.

2 Likes

They both work, however I always preferred the ToneLib Zoom for ease of use.

https://zoomcorp.com/en/jp/news/guitarlab_update/

1 Like

Hmm, never had any problem like that. Try a different USB cable maybe?

1 Like

Right there with you.

When I used my Zoom B1-four daily (which I don’t anymore), I did not have my Imac, I only had my iPad, and sadly there is no app that does the same thing as the software.
one day a guy across the way let me use his macbook to do a couple things. I did a firmware upgrade on my TC Electronic WireTap prior to packing it up and sending it back. our of the box, it didn’t work properly. It worked partialy, but the limited function made it unusable. i decided to try the firmware upgrade and that solved the problem. Stupid that TC E quality control missed this on this pedal (hopefully mine was the only one), but it happened.

anyway, I also did a firmware patch on both my Zoom MS-60B and B1-four so I could get all the extra pedals, amps and cabs that are not on it out of the box.

I then downloaded and installed the software and used it, and turned on the ones I wanted, and played with it in a very limited capacity.
one thing that I could not figure out and am not even sure you can do, is what when you are on the screen that shows ALL the options of the Pedals, Amp and Cab sims, it shows which are loaded on the unit, and which you need to select to load.
Well, I just went down from the top of the list to the bottom, installing away, not really thinking about weather I wanted the pedal I was putting on, I just installed away.
Then when i was getting close to the bottom of the list, maybe 85% of teh way down, I tried to install a pedal, and it said, sorry, your are at full capacity, there is no more room to install.

Now I felt kind of dumb, “Oh, this thing can’t take every model available, there is a space limit, DUH”

Ok, I will remove some of the ones that I don’t want, cuz there is a couple here at the bottom I want. Of course this happened on the first one I did, the MS-60B. I started looking for a way to deselect some of the ones I didn’t like, both that I just added, and also ones that I just don’t want on there that came stock with the unit.
I could NOT for the life of me figure out a way to delete these.
i did not play with it for a long time, but I could not figure this out. it almost seemed like I would have to do a factory reset and just go back and add the ones i wanted, being more mindful of space.
BUT
what about the delay pedals I DO NOT WANT, and some other things that I know i won’t use, HOW AM I TO GET THEM OFF?

Because I spent time trying to figure this out, I never played with the patches much, but when I did, it seemed kind of a pain.
I will admit, I felt a little rushed using the neighbor’s computer and there were others waiting to use it, so, maybe if I sat down and really looked into it, I might find it easier, just have not tried it yet.

But if here is a way to delete effects from the unit once they are added, without doing a reset, please tell me hoe, it would make things a lot easier.

2 Likes

I answered my own question.
Read the manual.
I figured it might help if I had a mouse back then while I was cursing the track pad. Apple trackpads are the ONLY ones I can stand, and actually kind of like them, but I had not used one in years at the time, and didn’t really remember how to Right Click, and you NEED to right click to do what I was having trouble figuring out.
Manuals help to read sometimes. :wink:

3 Likes

Man this is so true. I hate nearly all trackpads but the Apple ones are ok.

2 Likes

Everything Apple is amazing…I’m kinda an apple junkie, Apple Watch, iPhone 11 Pro, MacBook Pro 16 2020, Apple TV, even apple credit card…I think I’m a fan

3 Likes

I would not go so far as to call myself a Fan, but I prefer everything Apple, and I like things that work. If another company did things this well, I would like them too, so it is not like I have loyalties, just preferences.

2 Likes

That’s funny cuz I have always hated anything Apple. I have a myriad of reasons, not all related to the products themselves. Given a choice in any given category, I will always go with another brand, and that decision has served me well over the years.
But, I also realize there are those loyal Appleheads (no offense, it’s my pet nickname) who will buy anything, and stand in any line no matter how long, to pay any price, as long as it’s an Apple product.
I agree wholeheartedly with, and support your right to choose :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I would never stand in line, I would never buy a product when it first comes out, and I will not pay any price.
I get my Phones 4 at a time, free (on lease), and I buy my iMac (8 years after it was first released for $180). I got the Ipad when it dropped under $300.

I pay a small price, well after the product is proven and also cheaper and I have no troubles with them, ever. My girls, from the time they could F up a windows PC in 3 minutes when I was not looking, until the time they constantly drop phones (and break everything that is not an iPhone) can’t destroy or break the apple products.
Give them any kind of droid device (excluding Samsung, I have not tried it with them) and they destroy it within a month.

Abso F’n lutely.

2 Likes

so I am somewhere in-between, I won’t stand in line for sure, but I do like new tech, but I won’t pay a crazy sum of money for a new phone when mine is only a year old, same thing with my MacBook Pro, my old one was from 2014, and I needed something more powerful, the Apple Watch, I upgraded from a super old Garmin watch, so I love apple, the aesthetic and the performance factor is what draws me, plus how they pair hardware and software together is very nice. plus, like I said, they are pretty!!

3 Likes

Back to Pedals, and Sound In General :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just picked up this, and I am pretty excited about it. Other then some finger prints and hand oils making it look a little bit smudgy, it is in EXCELLENT NEAR MINT condition, and I got it for a DAMN good price, considering I have seen them on Offer up for $250, $300, $350 and $450 ($450 was NIB). This one was listed at $85, but he did not have change for a $20, so he let me have it for $80.

Now the learning curve. Like any multi effects unit, I am sure that I can get it going to an extent, but I will be searching for a manual online, or looking for some YT tutorials to get full benefits

3 Likes

both my pedals are here!!!

5 Likes

SO EXCITED!!!

3 Likes

Your day is full.
If not your week. :rofl:

2 Likes

also sorry about the dirty laundry on the floor lol, I work 50 hrs a week and my music room is my room, so my basses live right new to my dirty shorts from work

2 Likes

yea I got today off because I slightly injured my eye at work

2 Likes

Perfect, good timing
Hope the eye is ok, but it is a happy accident (as long as you have a full recovery with little to no pain)

2 Likes