What's the deal with effects and pedals? (Also: sound in general)

I was wiring a bathroom fan on a RV unit and turned It on and some sawdust and metal flakes go in my eye, and I stupidly rubbed it and then went and flushed it out, but it scratched the white portion of my eye, I was useless for the last 2 hours of work, so I just went to the ER then went home. it does hurt, I couldn’t even open my right eye at all yesterday, but today is much better but I tried driving to work and it was not safe, cross eyed blurry driving at 4:30am…not a good idea. so I called in, but thats fine because I’m never late, and I come in on every Saturday extra, and I am always one of the last to leave…kinda like the marines of the RV industry, first in last out lol.

3 Likes

but there is still pain today though…wish it would heal faster

3 Likes

Hope it gets better fast.
You hot some things to help take your mind off it at least. :wink:

1 Like

true true, don’t gotta be able to see to play bass!!!

3 Likes

are there any blind bass players?

2 Likes

something tells me Stevie wonder can play bass, at least a little, I mean come on, he’s Stevie friggin Wonder!!!

3 Likes

Writes damn good bass lines for sure :grin:

4 Likes

writes damn good everything lol

2 Likes

being a blues piano/keyboard player as my MAIN instrument, I definitely look up to him, he is one of my heroes

i scratched my cornea once. was working at a bar and the other bartender frisbee’d a coaster across the bar at me and hit me in the eye :rofl:. super painful.

1 Like

@Mao just said his dad is legally blind in another thread, so yes, there is at least 1 legally blind bass player in the world. LOL

2 Likes

luckily no cornea damage, just the white part though it hurts like a overcooked pancake screaming in a frying pan!!!

3 Likes

if there is legally blind is there a illegally blind? which also bring into question, legally blonde vs. illegally blonde?

2 Likes

HAHAHA, never heard that one before, but sounds like HELL!!
Sorry man

1 Like

its not honestly not THAT bad, but I wanted to use that terrible analogy

2 Likes

Way too early in the morning for that kind of logic

1 Like

Yeah he’s albino. So he can only see about 4 foot infront of him and one of his eyes is all over the place. Wacky af to try and look him in the eyes to talk.

2 Likes

it’s almost 10am here, and no better way to wake up but Coffee and pondering the inconsequential things in life :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not even 7am here, so coffee is fresh, and a plenty, but too hot to chug.

so I may break down and buy a sterling