Where is the 50 first songs located?

I really want to learn the majority of those songs, but when i click the link to the 50 first songs i only get a midi sounding track similar to Songsterr. I can’t find the full backing tracks. Am i doing something wrong? Or are all of you learning the songs from those midi tracks? I find it really difficult to play along without the music to accompany me.

2 Likes

I usually find the song on youtube and play to that while reading the tab from the “50 first songs”

1 Like

I must have misread or misunderstood the bits about having backing tracks to play along with. I’d rather just have the sheet music. I’m not a fan of just having the bass track without the music itself.

2 Likes

Someone posted yesterday that there are fully instrumented backing tracks for the 50 songs. If there are, I haven’t seen them. Anybody know definitively if they exist, and where they might be?

2 Likes

Hopefully someone throws down a link for those full backing tracks on this thread. I have absolutely no use for the midi sounding bass only tracks that the link takes me to. Does anyone find those helpful? I find it really difficult to keep up with the groove when there is no other music to help me track the song I’m playing along to.

2 Likes

Press the FORUM button on the top right hand corner of the main screen.
Select 50 Song Challenge from the FORUM options.
Read and follow the instructions there.

Note: This is on the Discord server and the instructions for joining are in the notes.

Hopefully, other members that use it a lot will probably give additional advice. :+1:

3 Likes

Right on, Koldunya. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks much for the info, C.

3 Likes

Just thought I would mention that on the main page there is also a spyglass icon.
This is the search function.

If you go into it and type Discord Server you will get a lot of hits.

I only mention this because a lot of forum members questions can be answered there. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the information. I would have never thought to look in the discord server link. Thank you again!

2 Likes

I do find those helpful (if you mean the Songsterr like tracks) because I have the tab right there and I can slow it down as much as I want, which it’s helpful for some songs
I normally listen to the real song first to really get a sense of the rhythm and character of the song because the midi sound is soulless imo
After I get comfortable then I play with the bass less tracks
If it’s a song that I’ve learned before (meaning lyrics and what not), it’s actually more difficult for me to play with the real track because certain cues throw me off the pocket, mainly the vocals but it can be something else, like the organ on House of the rising sun at some point I just don’t even know where I am rhythmically so I play it better with just the midi track :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Thanks so much for posting this information. Something else that I need to dig into!

4 Likes

OK, I admit it. I’m stumped.

I’ve tried to follow the directions above to access the backing tracks for the 50 Songs Challenge, but I’ve had no luck.

I’ve been to the Discord server, but it appears to be a BassBuzz chat room only.

A few days ago, there used to be a link in this thread to a Google Drive that contains the backing tracks (and tab?), but now that post is gone.

Can someone please list some clear, step-by-step instructions on how to access the fully-instrumented backing tracks for the 50 songs?

1 Like

Thanks for posting this link, @Celticstar. I really appreciate it. :guitar:

1 Like

that was my post; I deleted it. I was asked to/it was suggest that I delete it to keep it more on the down low due to potential copyright issues. I messaged Celticstar that I was told that.

So:

1)Join the Discord.
2)There is a chat channel on the left called “50-songs-100-weeks.” Click that.
3)On the top right click the push pin which is for “pinned messages” and the link to the Drive folder can be found there.

2 Likes

Thanks, Koldunya. I suspected something like that had happened, but it was still a mysterious disappearance.

The instructions you provide here are right on. :+1:

2 Likes

I deleted the post.
I would, however, say that this should be made more public knowledge so someone else does not post the link :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes