Which are best vintage P bass pickups?

I’d forgotten about Lollar…

1 Like

Not me. That was the first shootout I checked because I was considering a used Lakland 44-64 that had a swapped-out Lollar pup on it. I liked the Fralin better.

Yeah those two are a tossup. Lollars sound a little more “Vintage”, but I liked the Fralins more.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah their split P’s definitely have a more mellow, rounded tone. Both sound great to me.

1 Like

Kinda prefer the Split P

2 Likes

You might like humbuckers in general then :slight_smile:

I am a big fan of humbuckers, especially double-bucks. It’s one of my favorite tones. But it’s not what I am looking for in a P.

I’m a big fan of the Seymor Duncan quarter pounder. I have it on my Fender P bass.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SPB3Blk--seymour-duncan-spb-3-quarter-pound-p-bass-pickup-black

1 Like

Why have one Quarter Pounder when you can make it a double?

7 Likes

And this is why North America (I include Canada here for fairness) is overweight.

3 Likes

I’ll go on a diet before my bass does…

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, McFood sounds really good right now. Probably the covid talking.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Funny you say that, but it was exactly what I was craving during Covid. I went and got me Mickey D’s today. Supersized!

4 Likes

Are you enjoying the power bass?

2 Likes

Amen!
I have been craving all sorts of things like this that I do not ever eat since covid came along.
I was crazy craving Pepsi last night - unheard of!!!

2 Likes

I feel like if I were asked to audition for a band, I could bring this bass and fit in with whatever they played. Like this bass is the right answer.

The quality of the bass is amazing., MIJ is a thing.

4 Likes

Well, the good news is my Nordstrand NP4 pups arrive today.

The not so great news is my Sire P5 ship date has been pushed back three weeks. Sire owns and runs its own factory, which ensures its basses’ remarkable QC, and it’s apparently having a tough time meeting demand. Dammit.

1 Like

Why you get it out of the water fountains at work? :laughing:

No. Lol. We all drink water.

1 Like