Which bass to get, Jazz or Precision

Fender models change everytime (with very minor changes, but still). it’s a good thing to note somewhere the exact name of an interesting model when you find one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your input, I’m writing all these down for things to consider!!
Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks for your input! I’m keeping track of all these comments and will use them as I get closer to a decision! They’ve all been excellent things to think about!
Thanks again!

2 Likes

Thanks for your time & advice! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Yeah idk why medium jumbo frets are a thing but people with spider fingers certainly don’t have any trouble reaching across those distances :laughing:

1 Like

@Jbassist284 the article @Wombat-metal shared explains that fret size doesn’t affect the distance between the frets. As far as I know, that distance is affected by scale length only.

3 Likes

I stand corrected :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was actually thinking about those also! I’ve gotten a ton of ideas and things to think about!
This forum is packed with all kinds of knowledgeable people! :star_struck:!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sending me that link!!! I will be reading it !!! I like learning about all this stuff and then go out and start playing some different ones!!! But yet kind of know what I’m looking for!
Thanks again!

1 Like

@howard why would you buy a custom bass to turn around and sell it immediately lol makes no sense all the time and trouble of consulting to create a bass made special for you to then turn around and sell it without playing it !? I think I am missing something here …

1 Like

That was part of the point - I would never buy one :slight_smile:

And if I somehow had one, I would sell it and buy a bass more suited to me, and have a bunch of cash.

1 Like

@howard oh like if you found one while hiking in the forest and thought that’s a weird looking tree stump oh wait it’s a bass lol or if I win the lottery and buy everyone on the forum a custom bass ? Could happen!

I actually think those basses are beautiful but I love wood tone and colouring most posters here seem to gravitate towards red and black which is not my thing. But that’s what makes the world interesting all bonding through music and yet everyone different. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah exactly - you never know what you might find between the cushions, etc :slight_smile:

My new bass has a sand and blue water scheme.

Still you have a point on red and black being popular.

I’ve looked at the Fender custom basses but honestly would be happier with one from the Mod shop in ice blue metallic. I think that’s my next bass next year. I like custom stuff, get what you want

2 Likes

4 months later. What bass did you get @phil5489 ?

@Wombat-metal I know black is very popular with cyclists all-black bikes are “dernier cris” and its not my thing so rock what you like whether its a P or a J or a Q or an I LOL I do like some blue basses though I agree!