Which is the best seller. P-bass or J-bass?

The next bass you sell? :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t worry. He knows how to find them again.

2 Likes

Daaaaaaaamn. Sick burns. :smiley:

5 Likes

I actually think it’s totally awesome you tracked down and bought back something you regretted selling :slight_smile:

1 Like

To me its a modern J, G&L did the same thing with their JB-2.

2 Likes

Thanks. I wish it would have worked out. I keep thinking to myself, “did the neck get twisted when it was out of my possession? would that not have happened if I’d kept it?”

But down that way lies madness. And I have my B40 now, which scratches the Carvin itch quite well.

Yeah, I agree. It just seems weird to me that if it were a Fender, it would actually be a P-bass because of the body shape.

3 Likes

This is Sandberg’s take on a modern J :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Looks more like Sandberg’s take on a modern 'Ray :rofl:

3 Likes

No. Inspired by jazz bass pickup design? Sure. But this bass is in a whole different build class. That would be like saying a Ford and a Bentley are both just cars.

2 Likes

Which, of course, is not wrong :wink:

I guess I see what you are driving at, but if you take Fenders top-of-the-line Jazz (master-built, custom shop, made by little elves in a special workshop, …) it IS indeed still a Jazz!

I think taking into account build class, price point and so forth just seems to muddle the picture even further.

4 Likes

There are so many variations and models over the years, you can pick out a model and say “see, makes my point” for almost any position you choose. Muddy waters indeed. Time to go practice Mannish Boy. Which is just a great bass line

1 Like

Good advice :grin:

2 Likes

I look forward to the cover. That’s a great song.