Which model ESP is this?

Can any of you gearheads identify this ESP some more? Which model is this? It is apparently from the late 90s or early 00s.
Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi @joergkutter,
Not sure what vintage it is, but it sure as hell looks niceđź‘Ť
Cheers Brian

1 Like

It says in the fret inlay @joergkutter, looks like a D, but I can’t read it clearly

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that would give a clue, too, but I guess it only says ESP, as far as I can tell!?!

1 Like

Oh, you don’t have it, just the photo?
I don’t think it says ESP. I really think it is a D - ???

No, I look again, and it prob does say ESP. I am curious if it says D - ESP - ??

It’s really hard to tell, I think my mind just wants it to say D for some reason

1 Like

No idea here. Looks great though.

1 Like

Yeah, the seller doesn’t know either :joy:

So, no, @T_dub, I don’t own it - was just curious whether it might be a “hidden gem”, as the seller is not aware of the model either.

2 Likes

Looks like a Gem to me, what is he asking for it?

He is asking for USD 500, but seems to have had this one up for some time already.

I was mostly curious about the model as I don’t know much about ESP basses. I don’t think I need another bass just yet, and it might be hard to get “rid off” again if I bought it mainly to test-drive and re-sell it. You seem to be much more experienced with deals like that :smile: But, then, California is also a very different marketplace.

2 Likes

Believe that!!!

I look things up and research what I can, but some deals just “feel” right, and things a little more unknown, that have been posted for a long time, there is often a good deal there somewhere, in the buying, and selling.

See, if his doesn’t sell, and the add has few words, it may get not much real traffic, but if it’s worded well, very descriptive, with LOTS OF TAGS to get traffic, you can sell it better, even tho it’s just because the sales thread is better.

1 Like

Yeah, getting to know the used market locally is so worth it. You’re really killing it there.

2 Likes

Yeah, Ijust sold my GSR200, first Bass I got, with a 30w Peavey keyboard amp for $125.
I sold the amp last month for $65
I sold the bass for $120. Not bad considering the bass carried me thru B2B and got me a real feel for this instrument and helped me build a passion around it.

I have a few other things for sale too, and when they go, I am seriously close to even on my bass purchases.

Pedals and processors, well… there is another story. :joy::joy::joy::joy:
Seriously tho, it’s not that bad. Really I am only a few hundred in. I get, try, return and buy other things on credit, adding a little money, then try and keep some, return the rest, buy more on credit, plus a little cash, wash, rinse, repeat…
working out pretty well, because I learn what to look for on the used market, and find my keepers the @howard way, NEVER BUY NEW. Haha
:facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

2 Likes

Hey @T_dub,
Picked up a Yamaha RBX200 today at a cash converter for aud $150 so I can put a tuner on mine and I don’t know if I should strip the spare down and do something custom to it, like new pick ups new tuning heads and maybe some custom paint job, there are heaps of house of colour custom automotive paints that would look sensational?
We upload a pic of the matching identical twins.
Cheers

2 Likes

That’s so cool. I think you have the right idea. Sounds like you got a great deal.:+1:t2: