Which neck is best?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbz2005.htm
Just look at this thing- it’s gorgeous!

3 Likes

I would pick this one defo over the other! Harley Benton has been doing really well lately.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that Harley Benton are doing what Turnigy did in the Lithium Polymer battery world a decade or so ago. They were one of the cheapest but also one of the best performing- frequently a quarter of the price or less than the big brand equivalents. Now they are the biggest seller in the world- and it’s a massive market, just like guitars.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! It looks like a Chapman/ Warwick clone. Harley Benton seems to be able to deliver a half way decent quality at amazing price. That said they don’t ship a bunch of brands to the US. :frowning:

We’re really lucky here in Europe as any order over £149/$187 gets free shipping.

1 Like

Thomann has this fretless model for $299, plus about $60-70 shipping to the US.

1 Like

So here is something to think about, not sure where you are, but the ESP b204/5/6 series is an outstanding value and you can pick them up used easily (at least in the USA).

Harley Benton is fine, I’ve had one, but they are basically mod platforms Vs amazing out of the box. Great beginner bass. The ESP b series looks Uber close to this. I have the 6-string and love it. Cost $399 used (paid $189 with some gift cards.

Here’s the b205. Also comes in black. Private used sale you should find for under $400

2 Likes

But even with shipping and import duties, is that not cheap for what you’re getting?

2 Likes

Absolutely, It is cheap for a new through neck, assuming quality throughout. I can’t speak to the electronics, but the build looks impressive.

And there wouldn’t be any duty on something this inexpensive. There’s an $800 threshold.

2 Likes

No duty for under $800 to USA. Go America! Woot.

2 Likes

Yeah the Harley Benton they do. I’ve been trying to get some German brands stuff like Warwick accessories or the K&M but they don’t ship those.

You know I just realized I bought a HB strat at the beginning of Covid it arrived about 2 months later back in 2020. It’s still in the package unopened, lol.

1 Like

I’m just waiting for the USA and the UK to do a free trade deal. All of a sudden there will be a glut of drag racing and hot rodding orders (currently a niche sport in the UK- Just one 1/4 and one 1/8th strip for 70 million people), but we still have the fastest street legal car four years on!

Ah. You’re in the UK. Sorry mate, you gotta pay for Charles & Co - $$$$$

2 Likes

Hmmm, that’s not right. I’ve bought K&M monitor stands and a keyboard stand for my Hammer 88 from Thomann.

And I do want eat. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Think of it as a tea tax.

3 Likes

Still a no for me :frowning:

1 Like

Folks are catching on and ruining any good deals. Sigh

Lol.

IMG_4451

2 Likes

The monarchy make a profit- our taxes mainly pay for the free health care and the government’s financial incompetence.

That’s is goddamned’ weird, @Al1885. Like I said, I ordered K&M products from Thomann twice in the last few months. Not a problem either time. Super fast transactions and delivery.

I just tried the item you cited, and it said the same as you posted: no dice to “my country.” Fucking weird.

1 Like