Which one would you consider?

Gas has struck again. I found two basses on Reverb that appear to be close to boutique quality and also good values. Which one would you consider and why? I am posting the links below…

2 Likes

Standard scale. I started out on short scales because I have very short fingers, but found I no longer need them with proper muscle memory and they feel like childrens instruments to me now

3 Likes

Neither. For the similar and or cheaper I’d go with Guns&Guitar his normal price runs around $750-900 it’s on YouTube so you know exactly what you are getting into.

Another one I highly recommend is these guys. A few hundreds more but very well made. They are in Croatia their work starts around $1600-2500 but really well made. It looks like all CNC but it has over a hundred hours by hand.

This one is mine and the second one is being crafted as we speak.

4 Likes

I really like the looks of the first one (Garz Custom), I don’t have any experience with those pickups though.

2 Likes

I did think the Garz was the one I would have picked but I’m really not keen on the headstock .
It’s really so much of a personal choice thing imho.

1 Like

Ha, now that you mention it…

2 Likes

I thought the headstock looked good.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s kinda Chapman/Yamaha TRB/ Ibanez-ish.

2 Likes

Bartolini are supposed to be awesome. I had some on a Pedulla I had one time that I sold.

2 Likes

Yeah kind of like a sawed-off Yamaha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not even that that I mind, it’s just a little small

3 Likes

I’ve never used them but they’re supposed to be good boutique pickups for guitars anyway

4 Likes

They are good although not as boutique as you’d think. They are OEM for Spector and Ibanez to name a few. Both my Tobias USA have Bartolini. They offer quite a unique tone low-mid forward and not too bright. It doesn’t like every strings some coated strings can make the pickups sound way vintage. If that’s what you are looking for it would be a plus, I guess. Great on 5 string.

2 Likes

Not knowing anything about either brand, I greatly prefer the look of the Garz.

2 Likes