Who would you choose?

That band is full of top tier talent. Rudess, Myung, Petrucci, Portnoy…

3 Likes

Absolutely! One of my favorite bands tbh

4 Likes

Sometimes I feel like there’s so much going on that I stop enjoying the song and spend my time trying to figure how they all do what they do lol

3 Likes

Bro you ain’t kidding haha

2 Likes

I haven’t quite developed my bass ear yet but Justin Chancellor, he’s got some great riffs. Honorary mention to Ryan Martinie, he’s just ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s no surprise for the name like @TheMadBassist to name John Myung, lol. He’s such a bad ass.

4 Likes

Haha :joy: too funny. JM is a true master on the bass. After watching him play I’m torn between trying to better myself or give up lol

4 Likes

Is it only available on Kindle?

1 Like

I am surprised no one put Sir Paul-I think a study in how his playing changed over time would be great value.
Definitely Duck Dunn and Carol Kaye on the list.

2 Likes

I love all three.

1 Like

It’s a printed book.

2 Likes

Thanks, I can only find the Kindle version so far- will keep looking.

1 Like

Geezer Butler because… Black Sabbath man!!!

Only one? thats tough lol if it was only one I would say Bernard Edwards… but others to mention Bobby Vega, Bill Laswell, Thundercat, John Deacon, Louis Johnson, Bootsy Collins, Les Claypool…

2 Likes

@Darryl and I mean his name is Geezer thats a hard core name…

1 Like

Man… just ONE?!? So difficult! I’ll compromise and instead of listing ten I’ll list two:

Tim Commerford - Such groove! Such tone! I can’t even listen to RATM without getting bass face.

Phil Lesh - I’ve listened to the Dead for a while, but honestly didn’t focus all that much attention on the bass. Excited to revisit that, while also learning a little something about playing bass in an improvisational jam band context.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize how big of an influence Commerford has been to my wanting to play bass.

I’ve been revisiting some of the songs/albums that I connected with during my more formative years and RATM is definitely a big part of that journey.

Anyone listen to Khruangbin? I’ve seen them every time they’ve come to Toronto.

Laura Lee is a fantastic player IMO!

1 Like

No one is picking just one because LOL of course not :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah! They are a stealth favorite around here.

1 Like

I figured it would descend into madness…

And here we are LOL

1 Like