Why doesn't my Schecter work?

So today I was going to play my bass as usual, but when I turned on my amp and pulled the A string no sound came out. I changed the battery, I cleaned the connection thingy, put all sound to the max on bass and amp and nothing happened. The amp works, but the bass doesn’t. What the heck is going on?

2 Likes

Check your output jack on the bass

3 Likes

Cable?

1 Like

i already did

1 Like

Does the bass have a single pickup? It could also be the cable like suggested

1 Like

Could also have a plug in the headphone jack or other output

2 Likes

Turn your amp volume down. If you figure out what the issue is and the bass and amp start working properly, having the amp’s volume all the way up will not be good.

2 Likes

Ok, this is gonna sound really dumb-but I’ve done it twice.
I had the cord plugged into the output jack.
I’m very sure this isnt what happened, but maybe worth a look?

Is the amplifier turning on? Is it maybe a tripped breaker? Have you tried an outlet on a different circuit?
I get that these are Really silly questions, but as An electrician, that’s where I’d start looking

3 Likes

Ah thanks people but when i turn on the amp, the and pull and string i hear nothing
but when i turn up the volume i hear it, but then the amp makes sounds like missiles/a thunderstorm/ or sounds like its in pain, like screeches.
also, @mpops1990 it has two i use a schecter also i tried 2 different cables it didn’t work

2 Likes

Honestly sounds like something in the amp itself.

2 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

Take your bass to a local store and see if it works there. Simple way to isolate the issue

3 Likes

Change the battery again. This exact thing happened with my Schecter last night. What i thought was a new battery was in fact not and it sounded as you describe … thunderstorms running through my amp. I replaced the battery and it fixed the issue.

4 Likes

Loose cable inside (e.g., from the pickups to the pots and to the output jack) - some of these cables are ridiculously thin and when the soldering isn’t top notch, the last thread of wire hanging on might come loose.

4 Likes

Did you ever get this resolved?

5 Likes

I too, need to know

4 Likes

Yes, as a schecter devotee im kinda in suspense over here…

4 Likes

Hahaha its killing me too

4 Likes

uh no its not
i just lower the volume and that helps things a bit

1 Like