Woo Hoo

Just managed to do the Billy Jean fast work out

20 Likes

Awesome! A true feat!!!

3 Likes

Funny you should mention it: I’m getting myself back up to speed by redoing many of the early exercises and I’ve just opened Billie Jean.

Well done, and don’t forget to sign your name on the Roll of Honour in the Billie Jean thread.

2 Likes

Is there a Billy Jean thread?

3 Likes

Actually, yes, but not what I thought it was. We should have a RoH for it though. It’s like a mid-term graduation.

5 Likes

Congratulations and well done!

2 Likes

congrats!!! I’m hoping to do it too by the end of the course!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Even that’s not a hard deadline.

2 Likes

I finished the course early December but have only just go around to nailing it

4 Likes

Heck yeah! Awesomeness!!

3 Likes

Very cool! Congratulations.

1 Like

Congratulations. Now your name will be added to the plaque on the Billy Jean statue in the garden on back of the B2B campus.

4 Likes

Evidence required! Or it didn’t happen :grimacing:
Congratz! Getting there also on the medium :guitar:

3 Likes

I will see if I can post up a video in the next few days

2 Likes

Videos are great for feedback as well. People used to post videos all the time on a fingerstyle guitar forum I was on a couple years ago. I’m working on Billy Jean right now. I’d say I’m 70% there. Feeling good about nailing it tomorrow. I’ll try to do a video as well, but I don’t have any decent recording equipment. Just my phone!

5 Likes

I have been using my phone as well but I am going to learn a bit more about recording myself because, as you say, it is a great learning tool and it is useful for getting feedback.
I have just bought a Zoom Q4 camera

2 Likes

That’s great. What an achievement. I am still struggling on the medium pace.
Well done!

4 Likes

I’m feeling pretty good on Billie Jean - Hard now. I’m going to keep playing it a few times a day though as it’s a great finger workout. I can feel the burn after a few repetitions!

1 Like

Also try playing it using the low F# on the second fret of the E string.

1 Like

Hi Alba and welcome to the forum

2 Likes