Wow. fender

so I’ve said it before, I don’t hate fender. honestly. I do get annoyed at a few people that think all basses begin and end with fender. but I do respect and kind of even love the history and importance of fender. but G dammit they really make it hard sometimes. take the following instruments which are stunning and trying to be environmentally and socially responsible. respect. but then, they are… $12000 DOLLARS? I mean, it’s almost laughable about how they completely miss the whole friggin point. “like hey man, save the trees, save the earth, mannnnn. come on, you’re a hard rockin’ portfolio fund manager, buyyy one”

edit: I apologize to all portfolio fund managers

9 Likes

LoL! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Or don’t buy it?

An Iphone 14 is $1399 Canadian. For a phone!

4 Likes

These are for our Reptile overlords, move along

2 Likes

You’d be surprised with the Disney fanatics, it would not shock me if 50% of the people who buy them don’t even play the instruments, lol.

4 Likes

How is this different from normal Fender collectors?

2 Likes

There are examples of stupid money everywhere. This is for sale locally.

A 1968 Fender that the guy decided to refinish himself and he wants $16000.

WTAF

5 Likes

Well… you got me there, lol.

I worked at the Magic Kingdom in Anaheim for about 3 years way back in college and I’ve seen some crazy purchases.

3 Likes

Sustainability comes with a price :relieved:

That aside the grain looks gorgeous on those guitars. I will admire it from afar tho :joy:

1 Like

There was a guitar from a luthier posted here which went for $88k or thereabouts. No one batted an eye.

Boutique instruments are nothing new, and it’s not a Fender exclusive thing.

1 Like

the whole entire point of offering an environmently sustainable ANYTHING is that it has to be a reasonable alternative to that which is not sustainable. and that is not the case here, how is this a reasonable alternative (at a whatever thousand percent markup to a similarly spec’d guitar)? I could care less if they want to offer a bazillion dollar guitar made out of mink foreskins. but please spare us the whole “look at us being all earth friendly” nonsense. this just leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths and equates trying to be sustainable with a money grabbing scam.

4 Likes

Hear, hear.^^^

But…

I bet it would have a gnarly fuzz tone.

5 Likes

I’d buy it

2 Likes

All Ive taken from this is … man I wish more Fender P’s came out with block inlays :joy:

3 Likes

Pleading mink

2 Likes

+1. Sustainability Theater is annoying, just like any other cash-in attempt to ride a wave.

3 Likes

If going sustainable means going back to gut strings I’ll stick with my small carbon footprint.

1 Like

it’s not hard

Step 1 in being sustainable is like cars. The lowest carbon footprint is keeping the bass you have and playing it into the ground.

4 Likes

Yep. Although unlike cars, the amount you use your bass doesn’t matter for it either :slight_smile:

1 Like