Wow! Two Years!

Been two years since I signed up for @JoshFossgreen’s B2B course!! A lot has happened during this time and I can honestly say that in looking back, I am amazed as to how far this journey has taken me in just these last two years…. Still a lot to learn and a long way to go, even at my age​:rofl::rofl:.

Thank you Josh for such a great beginner course!! It has provided me with the foundation that I needed to transition from guitar to bass in such a way that I have gained the tools necessary to continue on in my own way to becoming a better bass player.

In looking back I have realized that the one most important aspect that has stuck with me over the last two years has been the ability and desire to learn more on my own in order to become “my own” bass player and continue to move forward on my own in order to pluck those low end notes at just the right time that continue to put a smile on this old mans ugly mug!!:rofl::rofl:

Continuing to……

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

27 Likes

Congrats Lanny @Lanny. You and I started fairly close to the same time (my 2 year badge came in June). You and I have much in common in so many different aspects.

6 Likes

that’s fun, I just saw I received the same badge :grin:

anniv

19 Likes

Congrats @terb

5 Likes

So funny @terb Laurent…. I do remember you and I starting at the same time…. Two guitar players - you with sludge/grunge, and myself with classic rock and blue eyed soul……:rofl::rofl:

Congrats my friend!

5 Likes

Congrats!
One of the things I see about bass and this course (and the support of the forum on continued learning) is how fast you can proceed with playing.
Every instrument is a lifelong pursuit of learning, but this combo here gets RESULTS!

Between sax and trumpet I have been at that for over 10 years and am nowhere near where I am with bass.

Bass certainly gives back quickly if you put the work in~!

6 Likes

Yes we do @PamPurrs Pam!!

Welcome Home Sister!!

4 Likes

Ditto brother

4 Likes

Congrats @Lanny Lanny!!

and…Lanny and @PamPurrs…from an “Army brat” whose Dad was over there flying Hueys, Welcome Home and THANK YOU!!

Here’s a few of pics of him, not to pull the focus off your two years as a BassBuzz’er, so I hope you don’t mind…

After basic/AIT and either going into or during OCS (I think)…

Flight School (Fort Rucker, AL)…

Mom & Dad at some officer soiree post his time in VN (Fort Rucker, AL)…

Me & Dad hanging out in either Basic/AIT, OCS, or Flight School (I am in the picture LOL!!!)…

6 Likes

Your dad’s a hero @JDDaniel…. Thanks for sharing…. So glad you posted this…

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

Thanks for posting those @JDDaniel. I spent a lot of time flying around in Hueys as a passenger while I was there, so I may have been one of his passengers at one time or another.

5 Likes

Congrats on your 2 years, @Lanny Bill, @PamPurrs Pam , @terb Laurent ,
You guys have been the backbone of the forum and helped everyone out in so many ways over this time.
Best wishes :sunglasses:
Brian

5 Likes

Ah, missed @terb Laurent…CONGRATS!

4 Likes

Great pics @JDDaniel :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Congratulations @Lanny Lanny and @terb Laurent on your two year anniversary!

4 Likes

Those are great photos @JDDaniel !

4 Likes

Congratulations @Lanny and @terb . Definitely two different styles but also definitely two excellent bass players.

Great pics @JDDaniel . Something to make your heart swell with pride

4 Likes

Here ya go Mac @Mac ,
Our car club are running this event later in the year if your interested in a day out to Bendigo,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Congrats to all you 2 year olds!
I am still a new born bass player.

This forum is really a cool place to be and its so special people stay around after their B2B to help out and offer support to new guys!

4 Likes

Looks interesting @TNKA36
I hope they’ve not spelt rifle wrong on the poster?

2 Likes