Wrote out a bass line!

I have heard that a thousand times and I can’t place it. It was definitely in a commercial.

3 Likes

… and the mystery song is?

2 Likes

Seems to be a niché perspective of the comment :wink:

Yes! It’s time for the reveal!
Or at least tell us a reveal date… you can’t leave us hanging like this!

(Well you can. It’s just not very nice.)

3 Likes

I’ll let you know tomorrow in case anyone else wants to try.

3 Likes

Thank you!
I copied your notation into noteflight and listened to it over and over. If howard is correct and it is a commercial jingle of some sorts than I might be at a disadvantage.

I won’t link the noteflight here because I don’t wanna spoil anyone trying to play it. I just did it so I can be sure I got the timing right. I still stumble when trying to play something with the dot notation. In theory I know how it should be… but… I wasn’t sure I managed. And I did not. Not exactly. Was close enough to get the melody into my ear though.

2 Likes

It’s not a jingle. It is a song that I am pretty sure I heard in a commercial, among other places. I could be wrong.

3 Likes

I’ve played it several times, with the G on the end, as well as the E and even F and F#, but still can’t make heads or tails of it.

I’m looking forward to the big reveal! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

It’s not from a commercial jingle, and I doubt the song it’s from would be used in a commercial. However, the genre is famous for sampling, so it’s quite possible the bass line came from another song originally, or has since been used in another song, which could have been used in a commercial.

3 Likes

(@JoshFossgreen, I know you have an actual live to life, but if you’re bored, I am curious if you recognize this line.)

4 Likes

Looking forward to giving this a try when I get back in town. How very cool! Someday, we’ll make one of those “Largest bass compilation” videos for B2B.

3 Likes

I’m stumped!

4 Likes

That explains why I don’t recognise it. I give up.

3 Likes

It definitely feels familiar, but I can’t put my finger on it…

4 Likes

What you should check out is MuseScore. :smile:

3 Likes

You are not mistaken. Go do it.

3 Likes

Okay, okay! Next on my practice list (for when I don’t make music): Get “I’m fixing my shield” on a music sheet.

4 Likes

OK, the moment of truth! Here is the song.

CW: Mildly strong language, some offensive lyrics.

And thanks for playing along, friends - this was fun for me!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m finally gonna listen to the song! Hooray!

…oh

It’s okay. I’ll listen on spotify.

1 Like

You poor thing! It must be because you’re in Europe?

1 Like

No problem. There was just the immediate moment of dissapointment but as said - I listened to it on spotify.

Never heard the song. So if it wasn’t sampled I feel fine apart from the nagging feeling that it somehow still felt familiar. But maybe just a fluke or something.