Yamaha Broad Bass BB735A

Thanks Tdub :+1:

2 Likes

I really want one, but not paying full price, and I have literally never seen a used one. Feels great, sounds great, looks amazing :slight_smile:

It would take some serious selling and saving up for me even used, at the moment. But I love pretty much everything about it.

5 Likes

Yeah, same in Orange (is it’s not a real thing like this, but if…) and I would probably trade my whole lot for it. It’s a beauty.

3 Likes

brace yourself

The SR2405 (5-string) is orange :slight_smile:

They call it “Brown Topaz” but just ignore that.

4 Likes

Not quite. Still a beaut, but not gonna trade all for it

2 Likes

@T_dub did someone say that another bass was not needed :rofl:
Jamie

4 Likes

There appears to be a Blasphemous one among us

3 Likes

I wouldn’t look at it that way. I would say that ALL basses are glorious Drop D basses. At all times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to bring this one back to life.

@howard In this thread you stated BB734 were going for $400. I was looking for one and they want $900 ($750 USD) for it. Things have really got expensive in 18 months.

You also showed some love for SRs. I can get a 700 series for a lot less than a BB at the moment. Which of the 2 basses would you reach for these days?

1 Like

$400 used. Though I sold mine for more. They are $750 US new. (actually more here, over $850.)

Well… there’s a lot to love about both. The SR are more my style but the BB is about the best bass of its type you can buy for anywhere near the money, IMO.

But the SR700’s are double-humbucker, which I prefer over P/J, and there are some amazing color choices, unlike the BB. It will also be lighter. It’s just way more my style than the BB.

So if you want a classic, super versatile, really thumpy active/passive P/J, the BB will compete well with MIA Fenders at double to triple the price. If you want a more modern, equally versatile double humbucker, the SR700 is a good choice. Both would be fantastic instruments.

1 Like

$900 is the used price over here. It’s $1100 new. It’s one of the biggest reason Ebay and Reverb is a ripoff for most people in Canada. I look at the deals in the US for the US (and even Warwick deals in Japan - I get sad every time I see a Thumb over there) and they are much much better. On top of it our local classifieds use these ripoff prices to sell their gear at almost new prices.

I have been leaning this way and might let go of an Active Fender P for an Ibanez. I have enough Fenders and I think I prefer there passives and just add a preamp pedal (or plugin) to juice it up. Between woods there is not a lot of difference between mid and high end. From what I have played. The US models have a nicer finish but with a couple of mods and upgrades you can save over $1000. Don’t get me wrong if I could find a good deal on a US I get it but they are now over $2000.

Great rundown. Thanks.

1 Like

@howard What did you replace the 734a with?

1 Like

A Yamaha SBV-550, a bass that was on my bucket list that I had wanted since the first time I had seen one.

2 Likes