Yamaha TRBX304 Truss Rod

Does anybody know if the Yamaha TRBX304 has a single or dual truss rod?
I have heard both scenarios and the TRBX304 Service manual does not mention it.

Also, I have searched high and low on the internet for instructions on adjusting dual truss rods and have not found anything explaining their proper adjustment procedures.
Can somebody point me in the right direction for instructions on adjusting a dual truss rod?

NOTE: My TRBX394 does not need a truss rod adjustment, currently, but as the weather changes I want to be ready with the correct information when it does need adjusting.

Dave

1 Like

It’s really simple to adjust, the manual describes exactly how. 4mm allen wrench, left loosens (i.e. adds neck relief), right tightens (i.e. reduces neck relief, flattens the neck.)

1 Like

Isn’t this the same as a single truss rod?

2 Likes

Yes, you adjust it in exactly the same manner. I wouldn’t overthink it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you know if the Yamaha TRBX304 has single or dual truss rods?

A link to the manual you mentioned would be appreciated.
I only have the service manual.

I own a few acoustics and they all have single truss rods.

Dave

1 Like

I am actually not sure if it is dual or single, I assume single, but you adjust it exactly like I described.

2 Likes

howard
Thank You so much.
I see you are very active on BassBuzz and if you are not aware already your sharing of knowledge is very appreciated by us beginning bassists.

4 Likes

Happy to help! I’m just another bass student too though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Read about my experience with the TRBX304 truss rod here:

Scroll back in that topic to read more about how I reached that conclusion.

2 Likes

I’m almost sure it’s a double action truss-rod. single action are not really used anymore, except for reissue (sure) and maybe very low-end (not sure) instruments.

anyway you don’t have to know if your truss-rod is a single ou double action to do a setup.

2 Likes

Thank you.
This is exactly what I wanted to know.

I saw your thread and actually it was why I asked because some people say it is single and some say it is double. The Yamaha user and service and user manuals, so kindly provided by howard, give no indication and YouTube has nothing specific to double action truss rods that I could find.

1 Like

Thank You to All for the very useful information.

1 Like