You can only have one bass, what is it?

Someone here is tending a thread with all the lefty options. Can’t remember who. Sure you can search to find it though.

3 Likes

@Never2Late

1 Like

Lol! I just want one more bass. And another. And another.

2 Likes

As much as I adore my purple 5-string Schecters, I would have to keep The Beast, aka my Kiesel Racing Green Xcellerator X64. It’s just too good and does too much, though its appearance would certainlty ah, limit my gigging potential, I think :eyes: It has some sentimental value as my first really nice bass.

3 Likes

It took me getting a few basses to get to where I am at this point. Knowing what I know now I’d get a musicman cutlass bass or a caprice bass.

Like it or not precision bass is a big thing. I denied it since the 90’s but gave in and drank the koolaid. I like it.

Why musicman.? Just a little cooler than Fender and since it’s discontinued and pretty hard to find it’s definitely a cool “one bass” to have.

I feel almost the same to the Joe Dart signature bass.lol.

5 Likes

@Glitch here’s the list that @john remembered. Have a look through this list and choose something from there. Oh and maybe change the title of this thread to reflect left handed or it’ll make no sense. People will make recommendations without realizing you’re cack handed.

3 Likes

Wow. Tough question. If I could only have one bass, I think it would have to be my Ibanez SR500E.

If I can get the buzzing fixed on my Fender Dimension, that one might take the “if I could only have one” spot. While I love my Kiesel/Carvin, it’s just not an “if I could only have one” kinda bass.

If you’re looking for an “if I could only buy one brand” answer, I’d probably go with Ibanez.

4 Likes

The “Left Handed Bass Instruments (Lefty Bass)” list now includes the following, by number of LH basses currently offered (numbers may change over time as I update):

• All in One (AIO) - 5
  • Bacchus (Japan, dealers in some countries) - 5
  • B. C. Rich - 4
  • Cort - 2
  • Danelectro - 1
  • Dean - 2
  • Dingwall - 2
  • Eastwood - 11
  • Epiphone - 1
  • Ernie Ball Music Man - 0
  • ESP’s LTD basses - 10
  • EVH - 0
  • Fbass: custom builder, 10% added for LH, 5 models
  • Fender/Squier - 4 Fenders, 2 Squiers
  • Gibson - 1
  • G&L Guitars - 2
  • Glarry - 1
  • Godin - 0
  • Gretsch - 0
  • Guild - 1
  • Hagstrom - 2
  • Harley Benton - 10
  • Höfner - 9
  • Ibanez - 6
  • Lindo - 1
  • Music Man (Either Ernie Ball or Sterling) - 1
  • Revelation - 3
  • Rickenbacker - supposedly 2
  • Samick - 1
  • Schecter - 39 (yes, 39, you read that correctly!)
  • Sire - 16
  • Spector - 5
  • Warwick - 27
  • Yamaha - 0

That adds up to 180 LH basses, if my addition is correct. If anyone knows of any more, let me know and I’ll add them to the list.

6 Likes

Eh. I’ve never wanted a lot of basses. I just want a couple good ones I play a lot. One would be fine too, but I like the two I have.

I’m not a collector, and I actively dislike having gear that doesn’t get used a lot. It bugs me.

8 Likes

Thanks for leaving all the good ones for the rest of us! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

My pleasure! Happy to help fuel other people’s collections. Being a bad influence is fun :rofl:

7 Likes

This I know first hand man!

5 Likes

Someone posted on Reddit the other day that they have 3 basses and they don’t even play bass :joy:

6 Likes

I can relate to that person, I have 2 usa strats, 2 Mij strats and half a dozen Squier strats. I don’t play guitar either, lol.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m on my second guitar now. Still can’t play much. Like it though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have just spent a month looking for a used left handed bass. Reverb seems like a good place to look. And take your time if you are looking for a used lefty. They do come up. I saw good options on facebook marketplace, gumtree and reverb.

And in answer to your question I love my current rig : a used Ibanez SR370el maple body in aged whisky burst, with a wide leather strap, a gator rigid foam case and the NUX Might Plug practice/headphone amp.

2 Likes

If I could only have one bass, which one - I made all mine so it’s like choosing which child to save in a fire; but if I could only keep one I would choose the EB2-ish one. It took nearly five months to make, most of which was learning to make a hollow guitar body. One pickup, maple body and neck, rosewood fretboard, a six capacitor varitone, Hofner tuners (no-one want neckdive). Comfortable to play standing or sitting.

7 Likes

All Sandberg models are available for lefties, that sums up to more than 20 different basses.

5 Likes

Thanks! I just added it to the list.

3 Likes

I think tone is incredibly overrated when it comes to basses, just okay something that feels good and makes you want to pick it up

5 Likes