You know what's a really good feeling?

I’m sitting here, and I’m looking at my current bass setup after months of buying, selling, and trading, and I’m content. And that feels nice.

I’m happy with my basses, I’m happy with my amps, I’m happy with my accessories, and I don’t have that driving urge to get more stuff because I feel like something is missing.

I’m sure it’s temporary and will pass; I’ve barely scratched the surface of DA* with my iRig, and I’ve yet to really start looking into pedals, but for now I feel like I have good enough gear - and I’m happy enough with it - that I can focus on playing, and not gearing.

deep, contented sigh

11 Likes

I’m content right now, too, even though I know the probable next bass I plan to get. But I like plans, plans work for me.

XD

3 Likes

Ha, I just added a new jazz bass to my collection, and was still browsing Sweetwater’s in-stock basses while I was waiting for it to be delivered! I’m trying a new approach this week where if tempted to look at new equipment, I say “Go practice, just go practice, go practice, just go practice…” Then I go practice :laughing:

6 Likes

Here’s a good place to start. Pick something you like and give it a go. Practice beats gear.

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 7.40.06 PM

4 Likes

Enjoy it, it’s fleeting……been there, a few times.
You’re either a minimalist or a collector. A moment in time doesn’t change that.

3 Likes

I am really into Rich Brown’s metronome series. I’m on #4 and highly recommend them for everyone here.

3 Likes

@JustTim Man! If you can bottled that feeling and sell it, you’ll be a billionaire!
I’d buy a case every week, lol.

3 Likes

The Rich Brown stuff is great. Realistically im only on Metronome 3 and one of the pentatonics but how good is he to listen to???

2 Likes