You Know You're Old When.

Sort of, I was playing World of Warcraft and they introduced a class called Death Knights. Basically a skeletal warrior, i tried the name Deadhead, a pun on the class and Grateful Dead fan. Unfortunately this name was taken so i gave it a Scottish twist, hence Deidheid.
I became attached to the tag and used it for games and named accounts.

7 Likes

I’ve always dug your handle. But then, I’m a bona fide Deadhead.

4 Likes

Appreciate that Mike, thank you

2 Likes

This happens to me all the time. Also the related “yeah I know him! We worked together a few years ago” and realizing inside it was like 23 years.

4 Likes

Bet you wish you still had that car👍 @MC-Canadastan .
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Darn effin’ tootin’ I do. We also had an AMC Hornet. My Dad loved their cars. We almost bought an Eagle in '86, but for a few non-automotive reasons we didn’t. I still regret that to this day.

1 Like

I had an AMC AMX back in the day.

On one occasion I went to pick up a date and the girl’s father came out to look at the car. When he saw there were no back seats, just faux fur in the back, he told me I wasn’t taking his daughter out in what he called a shaggin’ wagon :joy: :joy:
Super fast 0-60 MPH in under 4 seconds.

And remember when AMC also had a car called The Machine:
images

Those were the days you could get cars like this for under $8,000 Canadian new.

4 Likes

Hi @MC-Canadastan

Just like these 3 Hornets I have owned over the years, the blue one was my first car.
I then owned the orange sedan, and then bought the wagon.
They have always been one of my favourites :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Minus the flames… and its notable absence of primered and unpainted fiberglass patches, that orange Hornet wagon is EXACTLY like ours was :rofl:

3 Likes

5 Likes

You know you’re old when … every time you fart, you have to check your drawers to see if you got a surprise. :laughing:

2 Likes

Worse: when the ‘oldies station’ is playing frickin’ Nirvana and Pearl Jam…my kid’s bands…in addition to the Doobies and Fleetwood Mac.

3 Likes

…you’re sad that a movie and video rental place is ending its services. (yes, video rental is still a thing here.)

This one is truly sad though. That location in particular is not only iconic, but has a really phenomenal music rental selection. One example for Techno geeks: they have the entire (or at least , much of) Warp Records catalog on disc for rent. Rephlex and Astralwerks as well.

3 Likes

I had my gall bladder taken out in 97. They don’t tell you that if you sneeze or cough hard, you are a threat to shit your pants. I found out the hard way…several different times.

3 Likes

4 Likes

When this scene hits you hard…

You go to update your PC and discover that CD/DVD players are not available on most brand name computers anymore. This is a major issue for me right now. :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

1 Like

A $26 external cd / dvd drive will probably solve your problem.

https://www.amazon.ca/External-Rewriter-Burner-Portable-Desktop/dp/B096SQK922/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?adgrpid=60263066079&hvadid=602946071499&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9001464&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=3483346599536047583&hvtargid=kwd-364735593277&hydadcr=17419_13470676&keywords=cd+usb+drive&qid=1692288482&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

2 Likes

Thank you for the information.
I was not aware these existed. Ordered and arriving in a few days. :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I remember the days when you had to use a PCMCIA card to interface external CD-ROMS with your laptop. shakes cane

2 Likes