You think Ibanez necks are thin

I’ve always loved the feel of the slimline neck of my Ibanez and now Ray4 in my hands but I reckon this Rickenbacker takes the top prize!

6 Likes

It’s like a Rick Banjo

5 Likes

it’s more a tendency than a rule : my Ibanez Jet King has a bigger neck than my Fender Precision.

5 Likes

Is that because it’s a tribute to the 60s style basses do you think @terb ?

2 Likes

possibly

3 Likes

This is what happens when you don’t feed your bass.

10 Likes

this guy also beat up thor and stole all his clothes :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

8 Likes

That’s Joey DeMaio of Manowar. He plays heavily modified Rickenbacker basses. Note the number of pickups, the thin strings, the string spacing and the dual (stereo) instrument cables.

5 Likes

Hey @Mike_NL, as far as I remember he only played moded Ricks at the beginning, and this is one of his Demon basses (crafted by John Dawk).

3 Likes

♪♫ “By moonlight, we ride! Mini-basses by our sides! With strings drawn, tuned tight! Our notes and bass-lines shine!” ♫♪

2 Likes

Great link @Leo . Never knew about that site.

I did know who it was @Mike_NL . Manowar have knocked out a few decent tunes in their time and are quite underrated IMO.

The spacing on the Rick looks very much like guitar spacing. I wonder what gauge strings he used on them?

2 Likes

Yeap, he used guitar spacing, lighter gauge, some sick pickups and stereo output.

To be honest that seems really uncomfortable to play and just looking at it gives me hand cramps but, hey, he’s Joey DeMaio and I’m a random bass player! lol

2 Likes

Slapping would be a nightmare. But I bet chords are a dream…!

1 Like

Reported for visual abuse :joy:

2 Likes

The Vox Sidewinder bass has the thinnest neck I have seen in person.
I love this bass, and would love to have a mint one someday, they play great and sound great.

4 Likes

That headstock is hideous :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Yeah - that burst and that headstock makes that thing a big no for me. However I have heard they are amazing to play and sound fantastic.

2 Likes

I like it. I want the cherry variant though.

Btw, this guy played one for a while…

5 Likes