You Tube Resources

Nice video displaying lots of different techniques in a short time span.

5 Likes

So many different thoughts watching this. Interesting, impressive, overwhelming. He just did 40 and still didnā€™t cover it all.

3 Likes

My first thought was ā€œok Iā€™m humbled.ā€

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, anybody wants to buy a Yamaha for a good priceā€¦ I am giving up playing bass :joy:

5 Likes

There . . . I modified your response to make it more global, @joergkutter :yum:

Seriously though @eric.kiser and @howard, that was quite a demonstration of technique, and I certainly am humbled and overwhelmed as well.

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

ā€¦ and there it is folks, the answer to what @JoshFossgreen should have in the Advanced B2B course. Sign me up!

Seriously, that guy is damned good!

4 Likes

BTW, thanks for your post, @howard . . . :+1:

It will make a very handy reference guide for me! Lots of times I try to practice some John Entwistle basslines but I wasnā€™t sure what to call them until now. :wink:

For example, he seems to use that ā€œthree finger gallopā€ technique in a lot of his work.

All best, Joe

4 Likes

'was just watching some bass covers on YT, and I found this one with what I find being a great tone :

some Darkglass gear involved ā€¦ might have to invest one day ā€¦

2 Likes

Time to let the bass and all the gear rest for a little while, mon ami, and enjoy the final minutes of the year :grinning:

Wishing you and all Buzzers a great start :guitar::four_leaf_clover::cocktail::champagne:

3 Likes

My favorite YouTube resource besides Josh is this guy:

He does these transcriptions, and discusses each song. I like to watch him play.

4 Likes

I was just looking at the Alpha Omicron. Not too bad used if you donā€™t need a DI on your drive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blocked in the UK so I canā€™t see it. Bah!

[edit] apparently blocked when viewed on here, but direct on YT itā€™s ok. Iā€™ll give him a try. First up; Ramble On - Led Zepplin. Already got my attention.

2 Likes

@Howard , the guy on the video with the blue JB uses a Darkglass Microtubes B3K. I found two links with guys who made clones :

I donā€™t have enough time for this right now but thatā€™s interresting :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Awesome. I really love the sound of that pedal too. All of them (B3K, B7K, Alpha Omicron, Alpha Omega) sound amazing. Even not distorting - they just have a great tone color and overdrive sound.

It would be pretty killer if someone produced a less expensive clone.

2 Likes

same, Iā€™ve never been disapointed hearing some Darglass gear ! it sounds amazing.

2 Likes

I love basically everything about this one.

Except, well, the price. But it is cheap by their standards at $300 new, with a less expensive version without the DI.

2 Likes

yeah, lovely piece of gear for sure.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome. I hope someone starts making them.

Edit: this claims to be a modded B3K circuit clone. Sold for $100.

https://item.mercari.com/jp/m63849406490

1 Like

Great side by side vid. Itā€™s really hard to say which one is best here. They are all different and all sound awesome.

The Alpha Omicron and the Microtubes X seem more versatile but the B3K just sounds good on all settings.

Also, the guyā€™s BB734 in BEAD sounded pretty damn good on its own too :slight_smile:

1 Like