Yousician a lot like Rocksmith

@Guto - Please ask a question like that in the appropiate thread or send a DM and not in the thread where someone looks for testers.

I like it very much.
Although they try to make a bass learning course out of it I am glad that I already did the B2B course before getting to there. I think it’s good that the app is made in a way that tries to teach you the basics too but it’s not the feature I judge it on.

Like others I want to use it to have fun and learn sightreading while I’m at it and honestly my note recognition and ability to fret it has drastically increased in the last few days that I played.

The setup is easy.
The delay calibration can be dodgy because it assumes playing speakers and a mic, but I managed anyway.
I am still not sure where one can look for all the songs but I assume it’s there somewhere and I have enough to play without getting bored before looking for specific songs.
The songs are nice and the note and timing recognition seems to be on point.
I had a chuckle with the lyrics of the workout.

A feature I am missing that rocksmith has is to practice a specific part of a song over and over. Either I have to seek to the place or play the whole song again. If I just don’t see the feature please please tell me.

It’s a bit annoying that one has to buy the subscription for all the instruments but I can understand the decision. It seems that new content is released on the regular so that I think the price is acceptable. I also used it as a singing app/vocal trainer which is very nice because it has native pc support. Most vocal trainers I found were only available for mobile so either I had to hold my phone and use the awful mic or use some kind of emulator. Now I have a vocal trainer app that I can use with my nice microphone.
Overall I think I will continue my subscription although I probably go for the monthly rate instead of yearly.

4 Likes

Since this thread got started, I went and downloaded it onto my studio computer again. Long story short, I had a great time playing “South of Heaven” really badly, tonight. A+

4 Likes

That’s one of my go-to’s on there @chordsykat .
That and Cowboys from Hell ( not the Level 12 version yet though :joy:)

4 Likes

It’s a good way to get away from theory and routine practicing. Just have fun practicing songs. Slow them down or just loop sections So you can master them. :crazy_face: Premium a little more expensive but lot more music to choose from. Good fun. It’s all good fun. :+1: Hope everyone has a nice weekend. :beers:

4 Likes

For sure! Been wanting to do more stuff that’s a half or whole step down. This fit the bill nicely. Now all I have to do is get the bassist up-to-snuff…! Slow and steady, as you said. Lots more fun to play a song well at half-tempo than full-on, but shittily :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Slow and Steady wins the race.:beer:

3 Likes

One can drag the start and end points of the section one wants to practice! Thank you!
So as I suspected I was wrong and yousician has the feature to loop sections. It was just one of those “intuitive” UI features that I didn’t notice.

3 Likes