YouTube BLOWS - Where else can you host and link to embedded files

You are in no way ruffling feathers @BigAl.
The whole point of the thread is to find places to post videos other then YouTube.
Your Idea works great for those that use instagram, which is probably every person on the forum BUT me.

1 Like

I don’t use any social site, apart from keeping my profile up to date on Linked In for job reasons. You are not alone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same, except I don’t even use LinkedIn :slight_smile:

Killing off all my social media accounts felt so good.

2 Likes

I really only use them all for my sax site connsortia.com, and so search facebook marketplace for steals/deals
If I did not have that I would ditch all of social media (except this forum!!).

2 Likes

I’d keep your LinkedIn profile up to date. Even if just 15 min when you change jobs. I’ve had a couple jobs from there due to headhunters finding me on it.

1 Like

If your posting on YouTube. Your good for about one hour before it gets banded. You need to load it in vimeo. Or try Instagram. Good luck. There’s copy rights on that song.

3 Likes

BigAl was right. It’s now blocked on YouTube and can’t be viewed…

1 Like

:woozy_face:
I’ll try to open an account in one of those later

2 Likes

Even if it’s uploaded as Unlisted? I don’t care about Cuba, Korea, and Iran…

1 Like

Yes I tried on YouTube and once you upload it the algorithm recognizes the song and because they’re blockers it won’t work. Sometimes it appears to work but soon afterwards it gets blocked.

There are channels that have the whole song like the one I used which pitch shifted it back to 440hz but I don’t know how they did it.

If you watch Rick Beato you’ll know AC/DC are blockers !

3 Likes

I do watch Rick, but didn’t know about AC/DC.

What setting do I use in Vimeo? Private, or Hide?

2 Likes

I just used public, but maybe if you chose Private and posted the link here it would work. I don’t care who sees my half assed playing. I’m enjoying myself.

4 Likes

@JPHaggerty

3 Likes

Thanks, @Barney!

Yeah, you’re right - it’s all about having fun! I’m just making sure the videos get left alone and not blocked. Just upgraded to Vimeo Plus, so we’ll see what that gets me…

2 Likes

@JPHaggerty

I joined Vimeo on Monday purely to post the AC/DC song as YouTube blocked my upload. So I have limited experience with it.

4 Likes

I saw that, which is why I re-activated my Vimeo account and upgraded to Plus. We’ll get it figured out. This is nuts - especially in this context.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how Soundcloud is with copyright? I was thinking I might just skip the video is YouTube is going to be a problem.

2 Likes

SoundCloud blocks quicker than YouTube. It’s nuts.

2 Likes

Same, I have been blocked on soundcloud for Black Sabbath and Sublime content.
I was not blocked for The Defendants, but they are Punk, so they don’t care, its free publicity if anything, and they get it.

2 Likes

Bummer, Vimeo it is I guess

2 Likes