YouTube BLOWS - Where else can you host and link to embedded files

It works for me. I wonder if it is because it is my google drive??

I never prevented anything either, weird

Strange. It worked for me before, but now it doesn’t. Did you change sharing permissions or anything like that?

1 Like

No, but I will double check.

try this one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18dx2fhYWHjLa3Z16GgqObwz2llyPtruG/view?usp=sharing

Just post on Vimeo. End of story.
Vimeo hosts ALL my bass covers (even though they are linked to my website). They aren’t draconian about copyright like ScrewTube is. As an extra precaution, you may notice at the end of my videos, I always put all the credits and where to purchase the original song (it becomes an advertising piece). I’m not sure if that makes any difference, but it can’t hurt.

1 Like

Yeah, I am looking for alternatives.
If this thing goes thru with the Eagles and Rick Beato, I am sure they will go after that host site as well.

1 Like

worked @T_dub

2 Likes

can you check the first one again, in the older post. I have the drive open right now. I wonder if it only works if it is open. that doesn’t make any sense, but that first link worked for me still, and it did work for others before. There has to be some explanation that makes sense, just don’t know if I will figure it out.
But worth a try

2 Likes

My only two gripes here is they limit how much you can post each week and that you cannot mark videos as unlisted or private, if you want to get past these things you must pay at least $7/mo.

3 Likes

Yeah, thats why I am looking for FREE without limits or censorship.

1 Like

Early one works now too…

1 Like

Ok, I am gonna close my google drive window now, so if somebody can check it again, both of them I guess, and see if they stay working, or if they break again.

You also keep full control over your data and license. That’s why I’m interested if you can share from cloud platforms.

Oh and I can still access your file on Google Drive.

2 Likes

Ok, I maybe we can keep an eye on it and see if it ends up disappearing over time. I looked for a timer setting, thinking maybe you have to check “does not expire”, but I didn’t find anything.

I would be just fine with this type of link if it is reliable. And possibly if it is an actual video file, it may embed, but I don’t have any on my computer to check.

I think you can post video on Instagram if you open account. You need to post video under IGTV video. If you just post the video is limited to 1 minute. Test Run.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CO7NjLFpc_eKTi0E2GUsVV3ASHztRehLyHUnXI0/?hl=en

1 Like

That is a NEVER for me. I don’t have insta - face - chat - gram, and don’t ever want any of them.

But, it is great for those that are looking.
I assume, if they keep this up, they will get to instagram too, eventually.
After hearing @John_E’s NYC story about them going after cover bands, I don’t think they will stop at anything, if the law allows them to.

1 Like

I would use Vimeo because i have that.Just trying to help. Sorry to ruffle feathers.

2 Likes

You are in no way ruffling feathers @BigAl.
The whole point of the thread is to find places to post videos other then YouTube.
Your Idea works great for those that use instagram, which is probably every person on the forum BUT me.

1 Like

I don’t use any social site, apart from keeping my profile up to date on Linked In for job reasons. You are not alone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same, except I don’t even use LinkedIn :slight_smile:

Killing off all my social media accounts felt so good.

2 Likes