Zoom b1 4 or B1X 4

I had expression pedal on my Zoom B1x, and then when I sold it and purchased a different Zoom multi-effects box that didn’t come with one, I purchased a pedal separately for it.
I found that I hardly ever used the expression pedal for much more than just muting.

1 Like

I just received my Zoom B1X Four and for those interested it DOES NOT come with a USB cable.
I am surprised they cheaped out by not supplying one because it does require a USB Micro cable to connect to the computer.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember that too, however it didn’t bother me as I have a passel of those things laying around the house.

I’d prefer if all these manufacturers stop with the USB cables. Drop the price a little instead. They never seem long enough and most folks by now have zillions.

I put them all next to the giant pile of Chinese takeout menus.

3 Likes

It’s true that a USB cable is required if you want to connect the unit to a computer. Connecting to a computer is, however, not required to use the Zoom.

1 Like

@John_E

Or the manufacturers could just follow Zoom’s lead and drop the cable and not drop the price. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t imagine anyone who hasn’t upgraded their cell phone many times, gone though several pedals, etc. etc. who doesn’t have a pile of USB cables somewhere. I have a special drawer in my office just for USB cables (it’s right next to the drawer with the bass strings I’ve tried).

2 Likes

IMHO, the B1four is pretty good bang for the buck…

2 Likes

Easily one of the best values to be had in gear.

3 Likes

Sorry to resurrect a thread but I just bought a Zoom B1. Anyone experienced with it? I did not get the B1 4 as I did not know the difference. I do know the B1 does not have a pedal which I can’t see a need for anyway at my beginner level. Just wondering if I got a good pedal or bought a turd. This is the one I got…

I think you should have asked this question here before you purchased :wink:
Not sure what you’ve got there. This product is not shown on the Zoom website so this is either very new or very old. I suspect very old.

Does it include the over 60 built-in effects, 9 amp models for simulating classic rigs, up to 5 effects that can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order, a looper for recording up to 30 seconds, drum machine with 68 built-in rhythm patterns and a tuner, that the Bi Four has?

Good luck with it.

Well, I may have gotten an earlier version…I just hope it isn’t bad

1 Like

You’ve purchased an obsolete product. However, don’t fret as it is probably still functional, albeit not supported by Zoom.

1 Like

I guess that depends on how you define bad. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the B1 might be the forerunner to the B1 Four.
I had never seen or heard of this Zoom model before.

1 Like

It’s a really old product. The generation after that was the B1on, then there was the MS60b and B3, then the B1four and B3n. So, three generations older than the current stuff.

I wouldn’t expect much but it probably won’t be bad, just not what the current gear is. I had a B1on before I bought my B3n, and it was quite good.

2 Likes

I don’t know how savvy you are about Reverb. On the listings it always shows the return policy of the sender.
In this case it’s 7 days and you pay the shipping (about $15).
So my advice is give it a whirl, and if you don’t like it. Return it, eat the $15 and then when you want to buy something else. Ask the generous and mainly polite hive mind of BassBuzz to give you some recommendations for your future purchase.
Cheers

3 Likes

It’s not obsolete, it’s Vintage :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be “bad” - what did you buy it to do? It’s got a bunch of effects and amp models. If that’s what you bought it for, it should be fine. I think it will operate as a headphone amp…

Personally, I don’t think the price savings was worth it to not buy the 4, but that’s up to you…

It’s a few generations old, but it will give you a feeling as to whether you like this type of pedal, and possibly other effects that you’re interested in…

3 Likes

Pretty packed with stuff for an old bird.
I think the biggest deal here is the user interface seems a lot more less user intuitive…

13 different amp/stomp box modeling choices
Whether you want the massive sonic push of an all-tube amp, the sweet and mellow tone of a vintage model for melodic phrasing or the sound of a high-power wide-range modern amp, the choice is yours. There are seven bass amp settings that range from Rock and Pop to Fusion and Jazz. Plus, five unique distortion pedal sounds as well as a tube preamp for adding warmth are also available, letting you create exactly the bass sound that you want. Freely adjust the mix between drive sound and original sound to create deep distortion for real punch.

46 dedicated bass effects
Eight modules designed for bass guitar offer a total of 46 effects. A limiter/compressor lets you control peaks and ensure that levels are matched, while the three-band equalizer makes it easy to taylor your sound further. Auto wah is indispensable for playing that funky sound, and the octaver impressively enhances the low range. A defret effect gives you the special tone of a fretless bass. Detune produces a chorus effect with moderate amounts of modulation. Other studio-class effects include a long delay with settings to 5000 ms and a harmonized pitch shifter.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes