Zoom effects processors

I got GAS :slight_smile:

Full chain currently is:

Me -> Bass -> Boss TU-2 tuner -> Carl Martin Opto-Compressor -> TC Nether Octaver -> EHX Bass Big Muff Pi -> EHX Battalion -> Darkglass Microtubes X -> EHX Bass Clone -> Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay -> Behringer BDI-21 -> Zoom U-24 DAI

with a Zoom RT223 drum machine on the side also going in to the U-24.

2 Likes

@howard it looks awesome! I would have to go back and get another degree just to learn how to use all that stuff lol.

2 Likes

It sneaks up on you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m looking at that photo and getting GAS :wink:

1 Like

Are you able to put the U-24 in the chain? If so, I might trade my U-22 for one.

2 Likes

I am super, super happy with every pedal on that board. The stand-outs would be the Battalion and BDI-21, for price/performance.

The “best” pedal is the Darkglass, of course. There’s no question it’s incredible. Whether it’s worth the money is a much harder question :slight_smile:

Lots of good discussion over here:

If I were going to start from scratch again, the order I would buy would probably be:

Tuner, Preamp/Overdrive, Compressor, Chorus, more distortion, Reverb/Delay, Octaver

3 Likes

Yeah, you can see it kind of sliding under the board there. I have all the pedals going in to one U-24 input via DI out from the BDI-21, and the drum machine going in to the other input. Then I have line out from the U-24 going to my headphone amp, and USB out to my computer.

3 Likes

@howard congratulations, you gave me a mild case of GAS and I just ordered a Zoom U-24 to replace my U-22. Now I just have to try to sell the U-22.

3 Likes

Nice! The U-24 is super versatile.

3 Likes

Convince me I need it, and I will buy it😉

4 Likes

Do you want to record yourself?

4 Likes

Eventually

2 Likes

When you do, a digital audio interface like the Zoom U-22/U-24/U-44, Focusrite Scarlett, or others is the best way to go.

But until you do, you won’t need one.

3 Likes

I would need to get something to record on first. I am down to an IPad atm.

1 Like

Course if I was convinced to get this, that would push me to get the gear and start recording. Lol.
I love GAS, I am amp shopping now too.

2 Likes

You can actually record from an audio interface to an iPad via a lightning to USB adapter.

GarageBand on an iPad is a fine choice to get started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See, I must need this thing then @PamPurrs . Lol

2 Likes

every musician knows that GAS is more contagious than the coronavirus. the only way to restrain it a little bit is to get confined with the same gear for a long time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Um, @terb, I think being restrained with the same gear creates GAS, not contains it. At least for me, seeing as how to play with new stuff I have to buy it. Can’t go down to the local GC and play around.

1 Like

no solution, then ?

3 Likes