Zoom effects processors

I wish I had a MacBook so I could use the sound lab ( or whatever the name of it is) program to have some added fun.

1 Like

Yeah ToneLib (linked in the OP) is awesome too.

3 Likes

I can only imagine. Wish they had an app, like TCE has for their amps and pedals.

1 Like

Thank you, this is a really good point, and something for me to keep in mind as to why some tones don’t sound good for my setup straight out of the box. Hell even just going back and forth between the two bass I’ve used on it so far, one is passive and has flats on it the other is active with rounds and the differences don’t stop there. I guess it wasn’t fair of me to expect the presets to all sound good with every different bass that is out there.
Thanks for the perspective!

4 Likes

It is great when you start creating you own chains, then saving them as presets in the 50 block.

What really helped me was to go to one I liked for starters, copy it to say #50, and edit the crap out of it. Leave it in edit while you play, and go down the line turning each effect on and off, to see what the chain is like without certain pedals “on” in the loop. Also, adjust each pedal in the chain, one at a time and see what happens. Make adjustments, with some pedals or amp / cabs off. There really are infinite possibilities.
Select the Comp pedal at front of the chain, use the left or right foot pedal, and switch it to a different Comp pedal, and adjust it, and see what happens. Do it with the Drive pedal, so on and so forth.
If you have a Mac or pc, download the software and you can da lot more.

Treat it like you have a 5 pedal chain on the floor, and a box full of other stomp boxes, amps and cabs and go crazy.

Then if you ever wasn’t pedal, you know what to get. Many top brand pedals are cloned in the Zoom. And you can get 5hose, or the cheaper copies or clones
It is pretty invaluable in that respect.

4 Likes

There is an app for the Zoom effects processor. It’s called Zoom Guitar Lab and is offered free of charge on the Zoom website.

4 Likes

For an IPad?..

Apparently ToneLib is better (I never used GuitarLab so I can’t say).

4 Likes

The looper is the one thing I have not used. I see no value in recording myself for 30 seconds. I just use my DAI and DAW to record myself when I need to.

2 Likes

There is one for the Mac OS. I’m not sure if it would work on iPad… I don’t use Apple stuff so I don’t know :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

No, I need iOS🙁

2 Likes

Well… get yourself a decent computer then. :wink:
You will need one when you want to make some music anyway. :smile:

3 Likes

Not gonna help you on stage. :wink:

2 Likes

So, how would a 30 second loop help me on stage then?

2 Likes

@Howard I have looked at ToneLib and it looks interesting, but I’ve never gotten into it because it says after 30 days I would have to pay for it, but doesn’t say how much. I don’t want to spend time learning how to use something and then after 30 days get a surprise bill for hundreds of $$$$ :rofl:

2 Likes

Ask Jacob Collier! :smile:

3 Likes

Okay, next time I run into him in a pub I’ll buy him a :beer: and chat him up about it.

3 Likes

Ha! He’s right though, loopers have nothing to do with recording. They are about this:

and this:

etc

4 Likes

GFX and Jam cost money. Tonelib Zoom is free AFAIK.

4 Likes

You’re right, I was think of Tonelib Jam not Tonelib Zoom. My bad :scream_cat:

Do you know how much that Jam one costs? It looks rather interesting

4 Likes