Zoom effects processors

I have a used Zoom B3 I picked up for about 80 bucks and am super happy with it. I also have the G3 which is the guitar version and have played them Both out pretty regularly and gotten plenty of “toan “ compliments on them. The XLR out, the the tuner, the looper, the ground lift as well and the pre/post switch makes it a super useful piece of kit for me.

5 Likes

I used to own a B1on too and it was actually pretty good as well.

2 Likes

I think most people with Zoom multi-effects pedals have come across their “preset library”. Not trying to duplicate that repository - but is there any interest in a thread here that would share patch settings?

For example: Here’s Joe Dart

Effect: "**MB Comp**" (*Dynamics*), active - **"yes"**

"Comp" = **100**​

"LoTHR" = **71**​

"HiTHR" = **37**​

"Volume" = **30**​

Effect: "**EP Stomp**" (*Overdrive / Distortion*), active - **"yes"**

"Gain" = **90**​

"Bass" = **0**​

"Treble" = **-10**​

"Volume" = **36**​

Effect: "**DI-5**" (*Overdrive / Distortion*), active - **"yes"**

"Gain" = **40**​

"Tone" = **1**​

"HiCut" = **Off**​

"Volume" = **35**​

Effect: "**EBH360**" (*Amp simulator*), active - **"yes"**

"Bass" = **0.5**​

"MID-F" = **500Hz**​

"Mid" = **5.0**​

"Treble" = **-10.0**​

"Bright" = **6**​

"Drive" = **6**​

"Volume" = **40**​

"CHARRA" = **-10.0**​

**Patch Volume:** 100
**DSP Load:** 73%
3 Likes

This reminds me, there’s a new Zoom in town: the B6. In a different price range than the B1 Four, if you ask me :roll_eyes: So what do we think?

3 Likes

Looks compelling. If I ever tire of my Zoom B3n I’ll give that a look.

3 Likes

There was some discussion around that when it was launched.
Linky here

4 Likes

@Koldunya has one!

4 Likes

I’ve had my B6 for a year. I like it a lot.

6 Likes

A year! Okay, apparently it’s not as new as I thought it was :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I think I’m up to 5 different zoom pedals now. Have played them all with bass and guitar and there are a lot of times I like it better than my boutique analog things. Of which there are… a few. Most of my zoom models are older and lack an aux in. That would be my only complaint.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Oh cool!

2 Likes

Trouble with that is, I’d have to sell the bass to afford it :rofl:

1 Like

Integrated DAI - nice…

3 Likes

Today’s leave it in the car rig. I play bass. Acoustic and electric guitar. The goal was one board to handle the many things in a pinch, and sometimes even on purpose. Might replace the g2 with a drive pedal and a Zoom MS60b as the compressors, delays and reverbs within are not bass specific and will work well on all instruments. And the tuner is built in!

5 Likes

I was going to suggest just taking the batteries out and just plug in the AC adaptor or USB which will also power the unit and it will turn off automatically. Glad you figured things out. cheers!

1 Like

My son had his mate over yesterday as it is still school holidays.
his friend is learning Bass at school.
For context this school is strong academically but has a great Performing Arts and has produced a few moderately famous students such as Dami Im (who Australians will know) and Brett from Two Set Violin among others.
Anyway, they had a play with my Peavey bass which is set up downstairs (I didn’t mind as my son is sensible and his friend is a player) and the Zoom B1four, my son said his mate’s comment was basically “I need one of these!”
I am helping to spread the GAS

6 Likes

Just sharing a Zoom in the wild pic. No amp today. Just played direct. Was hard to get a bad sound out of it. One patch was compressor and chorus. One just compressor. Last was a delay and reverb patch for an ambient intro. For the lack of on the fly versatility a little forethought goes a long way. Can’t wait for the g1four to arrive. Almost feel bad having an expensive drive on there but then I hear it all together… nope. I don’t feel bad. This thing rips. @eric.kiser

8 Likes

Just posted a semi-review of the B2 Four after using it for almost 3 months.

3 Likes

I’m very interested in the Zoom b2 Four and mr.crispy’s review is excellent.
Does anybody else have this model? Although this model has many features I like, I have to admit that I had the B1 Four and I returned it because I didn’t like some aspects of the sound and the volume with my headphones was very low. I’m still indecisive between the Boss GT-1 and the Zoom B2 Four.