Zoom/MacBook software hate

Ok I was going to hold off buying a Zoom B1four until I had passed the course… I should be done middle of next week and with all the supply chain issues in the world talked myself into ordering one a wee bit early…
Reading through all the Zoom threads it seems the Zoom software is “clunky” and ToneLib is far better but when I tried to install on my Mac, Steve Jobs ghost pops up and states the software cant be installed because the developer can’t be verified. Does anyone have a work around? The zoom threads are getting old so I’m also open to using the “approved” zoom software if it has been improved of late.

I’m running a current Big Sur macOS

Thanks in advance to any Apple genius out there :upside_down_face:

Steve

1 Like

Damn you ghost of Steve Jobs!

This has come up with some other software also. I’m not a Mac user but there are plenty around that can help solve this. I’m sure one will pop by soon.

1 Like

On Windows, this can also happen, but there is also a little link in the bottom left of that popup. Maybe there is such an override also on macOS? On Windows, you can easily overlook that text (by design).

1 Like

No override here. Bummer. Digging around a little deeper in the OS this weekend

1 Like

Yes I did this recently on my Mac. Give me a few minutes and I’ll post how to get round it.

2 Likes

@EvenSteven I’m also running BigSur and ran into this problem last week.
Click on the Apple icon top left of your screen. Click on System Preferences. Click on Security and Privacy. Once you’re in this screen there should be a box in the bottom relating to ToneLib that you can check to override the security. Around where it says ‘some system software…’
Hope this helps.
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 4.39.53 PM
Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 4.41.38 PM

3 Likes

@Barney you are my hero! Thought I checked all those boxes but maybe not. I seem to be in! Now I just have to wait a couple days for the zoom to arrive but I promise I won’t open till I pass the B2B course!

1 Like

Ha ha. Seriously I love this little thing. My advice is to open it. Choose a clean amp patch like #40 and see if you like the sound. Then go into the rhythm part, scroll through to choose a drum beat you like, turn the dial to a nice easy tempo like 70bpm and just start playing random notes along to the beat.
Hands down the best thing for my playing has been practicing / goofing around to the drum beats. My timing / confidence has really improved by locking in with a beat. It won’t make your B2B experience worse, it’ll improve your playing.
Any questions on the Zoom just private message me.
Cheers

3 Likes