$250,000 for a bass!

I am sure some of you have seen or read about this instrument. Made by Jens Ritter, this thing costs $250,000 and is considered to be the most expensive bass, aside from vintage or ones that were owned by legends in the music world. I would be scared to even pick it up, afraid I might blemish it in some way.

4 Likes

I would rather have thisā€¦

I bet its about the same in costā€¦

5 Likes

I was reading that Wymanā€™s was the most expensive followed by the Ritter then a Beatle bass. I guess it depends on the market and who is bidding. But the Ritter is an example of gaudiness. As pretty as it may be, what could you do with it? I would not play it were I rich and wanted it. It would just be put in storage and never played to preserve itā€™s value

1 Like

Oh yeah the mammoth ivory is good for sustain lol. Seriously though I wouldnā€™t get it unless they do a 4-string

2 Likes

If I was a billionaire musician I would totally buy that thing, play it on stage and then smash it at the end of the set.

6 Likes

Not me. I would place it in storage of some type. Of course if I was a billionaire, then the cost of it would be about what a cheap Ibanez would be to us.

2 Likes

Volkswagen Group, who owns Bugatti, donā€™t make any profit selling either the Veyron or the Chiron - these are prestige projects that cost them a lot.

Yes, there is a tiny market for these cars, but itā€™s the publicity, the pushing the limits, and the displaying of a ā€œbecause we canā€ attitude that is important.

Pretty much the same hereā€¦

7 Likes

Diamonds?
Gold?
That price markup is for the the 10 bolt neck.

5 Likes

For that kind of bread that thing should bolt, string, and play itself while it makes coffee, vacuums the house, and washes the car.

And thatā€™s just in the first hour.

Pick up the tempo, Diamond Bass! The goddamn house ainā€™t gonna paint itself!

6 Likes

At that price, one would at least expect it to look nice.

2 Likes

Iā€™d pay sting to come and play it for me

Well, about thatā€¦ apparently Mr Sting doesnā€™t know what you can get for your money these days :joy:

(was recently shared on TalkBassā€¦)

5 Likes

You can rest assured he paid a pretty penny for that vintage axe!

2 Likes

Tell that the dude who wrote the caption :man_facepalming: :grin:

2 Likes

The dude says nothing about the price of the ā€˜57 Fender P. He only mentions a ā€œmodernā€ bass guitar.

Itā€™ll still cost a LOT more bread than Iā€™d spend to buy an original vintage model P. :man_shrugging:

OKā€¦ uhm, I guess this horse is dead nowā€¦ and I am not going to beat it anymore.

Sorry if this rubbed you the wrong way - wasnā€™t my intention :smile:

1 Like

No! Not at all, Joerg. Sorry if I came off that way.

Iā€™m at work and preoccupied with other stuff that I wasnā€™t expecting. Grrrr!

No problem, my friend. I guess I should reply when Iā€™m not facing crap at work. :joy:

1 Like

Not to worry! I was trying to be funnyā€¦ that is usually when my problems start, with people around me looking bewildered :joy:

Take good care of that ā€œcrapā€, Mike!

3 Likes

:poop:

1 Like

Telecaster headstocks just look so much better to me than the standard Fender axe-heads :rofl:

2 Likes