A little music related fun

“Limit two of each per household” . . . good one, @PamPurrs! :slight_smile:

:rofl:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with the saw and cowbell? :crazy_face:

There’s a British TV detective show called “Midsomer Murders” and the theme tune is played on the saw. Very effective. It’s like a low tech Theramin.

Here you go; Midsomer Murders Theme - YouTube

4 Likes

A pretty good show, @PeteP . . . I saw a number of episodes on Netflix :slight_smile:

(the saw is double ended requiring 2 people six feet apart to use it :wink: )

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Yep. Good show. I’ve seen every episode.

1 Like

Seriously? People actually use a saw as a musical instrument? And here I’ve been making music all these hours I’ve spent on wood working projects and didn’t even know it :smile:

4 Likes

Thankfully I live well out of earshot of any town, and probably beyond the reach of any local lone pipers - unless there is one at the estate house along the road.

I fully support the principle, but why couldn’t they ask people to play their guitars?

3 Likes

@PeteP I think you should volunteer to play your bass with them. I’m sure they’d appreciated it, and you would truly enjoy being in the midst of thousands of pipers. :tongue:

2 Likes

14 Likes

Now you’re just having fun at my expenses. :rofl:

2 Likes

Only because I like you :heart:

2 Likes

8 Likes
10 Likes

:rofl:
Hope this one doesn’t get a copyright claim like Bohemian Rhapsody did! Love the bass player who’s “Stayin’ Inside” there in his pajamas, on his couch, his dog with her chew toy there in the corner.

Some of these parody songs are actually just as good as the originals, and with timely lyrics too, haha.

4 Likes

That was great . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

The copyright claim on the video Pam posted came from the guy that did the parody and not by representatives of Queen. Someone re-posted the parody video to get their own hits off of it.

1 Like

Cattle Decapitation is a death-metal/deathcore band I like, and they released their last album (Death Atlas) in the end of 2019. On this album there is a song called “Bring back the plague” which kinda … worked … and the band members just made this video clip while in quarantine :

5 Likes

Holy shit.
I really liked the album… I even really liked that song.
And I didn’t put it together at all until you posted this.
Uncanny.
Thanks for the post @terb!

3 Likes

yeah and I even prefer their previous album : The Anthropocene Extinction.

2 Likes

That video is amazing

3 Likes

5 Likes