A little music related fun

Awesome! I love fretless!

2 Likes

This video is hilarious in a sick sort of way. Freddie must be turning over in his grave LOL

3 Likes

Very creative lyrics! Sometimes humor is really the best way to get through anything, lol, what else can you do?! I was reading that virus related songs are pouring in on SoundCloud, I guess musicians stuck at home just get, well… creative! Freddie would have to be proud, his lyrics were always creative too. :peace_symbol: n stay safe out there everyone!!

3 Likes

Nice find. This one got a copyright claim but if you do a search for Coronavirus Rhapsody, you can still find it.

Fun? We’ll sort of amusing, but mostly a bit of applied music theory.

7 Likes

Soooooo… Does anybody with more music theory than me want to explain why this is amusing?

5 Likes

Maybe not amusing… whoever wrote that just used the “rhythm” of pronouncing the words and transcribed that into a musical rhythm… LOCK-DOWN - quarter note - quarter note; qua-ran-TINE - eighth-eighth-quarter and so on…

I guess this is the kind of path mind-numbing boredom leads you down on… :grin:

8 Likes

Dought! Even I should have been able to see that. Thanks Joerg.

2 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter. I was lost on that one as well.

2 Likes

Sorry. I thought what it was was obvious, but I didn’t intend it as full-on funny, just an amusing use of very current terminology. Didn’t mean to offend anybody.

3 Likes

Here’s my version of Musical Social Distancing.

6 Likes

@PeteP I thought it was quite humorous in a dry way (my kind of humor). Thanks for posting it.

2 Likes

That would be enough time to leave the room and let the drummer in to their part. One out - one in!

5 Likes

I predict “social distancing” will become the tagline for the next decade . . . :slight_smile:

And no offense taken for anything . . . we all need to hang in there! :wink:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Someone in another group pointed out that my “Social Distancing in Music” meme did not follow the socially correct, “6 feet” rule, so I changed it so the notes are now 6 beats (feet) apart :wink:

7 Likes

So when did any of us Vietnam vets ever follow the rules @PamPurrs??

2 Likes

For me, it was way before my time in Vietnam. Keep in mind, I’m the drummer who got kicked out of the high school band after refusing to learn music theory and tossing my music book out of a third story window. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

At least it wasn’t the music teacher: I went to a rougher school. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Well, us and drummers, of course. I mean, probably them first as their literally built a wall around themselves so even the bassist can’t get in. I bet they built cushion/pillow forts when they were kids.

11 Likes

13 Likes