A little music related fun

Oops - I meant to change the language a bit in that part to something a little less harsh! :grimacing: And if you are here on this forum, well sorry - you are a music nerd. :rofl:

6 Likes

OK I can totally get behind being down on the music industry. It sucks.

5 Likes

Now, we both know what she should be doing to have a fulfilling life is arguing on internet forums about tonewood. Right?

8 Likes

Today’s super, super, super, niche offering is for just one BassBuzzer who will listen to more than 30 seconds of it!
Someone pulled the bass track off Abbey Road and uploaded it in isolation. Lovely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceNvbYZ2p8o

7 Likes

Lolololooool! Omg you are right! What has she been thinking this whole time?!?! :rofl:

6 Likes

Not sure which BassBuzzer you referred to, but I love it! Thanks, Barney.

4 Likes

I’m guessing @John_E , who has posted this video before. :slightly_smiling_face: At least, I think it was him. :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ve listened to the whole thing.
And transcribed 3 tunes from it so far.

Hi, my name is John and I’m a music nerd who also likes “shallow music” (I did see Milli Vanilli after all).

8 Likes

I will never be able to unsee this

10 Likes

I hope Milli Vanilli’s PA didn’t crap out or the concert would have morphed into a game of charades.

3 Likes

Cool. I musta missed that. Better late than never.

4 Likes

I never hated that song until right now

2 Likes

Which magazines do you read? Do you argue about passive Vs active pickups? We need to ask the hard questions, sorry.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to ask about tonewood!

7 Likes

Ooooo…tonewood.

8 Likes

There’s more good music being made and distributed right now than there ever has been in history. It makes the '60s and '70s look like a parched desert in comparison. You just need to go beyond the major labels.

4AD’s been churning out great stuff for decades. Pelagic, Deathwish, a bunch of other small labels are really rich ground for fantastic acts. And the number of people self producing is staggering.

4 Likes

Sorry, just blame it on the rain.

8 Likes

12 Likes

Ooh a print copy, nice!

6 Likes

Love that picture… Definitely a contender for the Bass Face Winner competition!

6 Likes