A little music related fun

They’ve just released (or are about to) a new album. The first single is playing on radio now and I keep thinking it’s a new Madness song.

Everything it starting to sound the same - I’m getting old!

5 Likes

Good for Damon to keep printing cash as long as he can :rofl:

5 Likes

I knew the Gorillaz part, not the Daft part.
Now I know and now one important thing falls out the other side of my brain.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I can’t tell you how many times I have said some version of this! OK, further info:

Gorillaz’s song Feel Good Inc is one that @JoshFossgreen uses in B2B, and is also in the 50 First Songs Pack. The artist, Jamie Hewlett, also worked on the comic series Tank Girl.

This is one of my favorites to sing walking along the streets of DC:

Daft Punk worked with Toei Animation to create a movie for their album Discovery. The main characters are aliens in a band together, and have blue skin. They are kidnapped by an evil record producer (ha!) and rebranded into a group called The Crescendolls. The animation is in the style of Leiji Matsumoto, who worked on Galaxy Express 999 and Space Battleship Yamato, known to kids in the United States in the 1970s as Star Blazers. :smiling_face:

OK! There’s a bunch more words strung together with some music thrown in for fun - hope everything is crystal clear now! :rofl:

7 Likes

Eh, you probably didn’t need it. Everything important has changed, and also stayed the same.

2 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks so much, @kristine ! There are obviously some serious gaping holes in my knowledge of current popular culture… thanks for filling in some of these holes :smile:

And sorry for ruining the joke… I know from experience that jokes die a long, drawn out death when requiring a lot of explanation :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Are you kidding?! You gave me the opportunity to geek out for a few minutes - thank you. And you’re welcome! :smiley:

7 Likes

You had to put the theme of Space Battleship Yamato in my head didn’t you? Now all must endure it.

Ya-mat-toooo!

https://youtu.be/HQbMEgfo5To

6 Likes

You’re welcome! :smiley: :laughing:

3 Likes

How did that happen? I seriously am following nothing here.
@joergkutter ?

5 Likes

It’s a… rabbit hole I don’t need to follow down to its deepest depths.

It’s a “one thing led to another” type scenario out of our controls :grin:

Sorry to hear about your struggle with the 'rona! I also just recently was knocked out pretty much a whole week - no fun at all!!

6 Likes

12 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Current? This was almost 20 years ago :joy:

Nice blast from the past @kristine !

10 Likes

Heh heh… Q.E.D. :wink:

4 Likes

hahaaha

3 Likes

Which is your favorite, lolol.

7 Likes

McSweeneys is a national treasure.

7 Likes

The editing for that must be ridiculous.

4 Likes