A little music related fun

I think that photo may be the inspiration behind goodfellas

4 Likes

maybe someone misunderstood what is “compression” …

17 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I wonder how many ‘mic drops’ have runied really good mics?

5 Likes

Covid Dispensing Mechanism

5 Likes

Impressive. It takes a lot of force to do that to a SM58. Like, I’m not sure that dropping it off a skyscraper would do that much damage.

The best part is I bet it still worked fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It looks like somebody used it to hammer down a floor board.

2 Likes

It’s almost a meme, how indestructible they are.

Best microphone evar :rofl:

4 Likes

Still, with the looks of that particular puppy, I wouldn’t sing into that thing without wearing a full-body condom.

4 Likes

I felt like I had unlocked some kind of sales achievement when I sold my PGA-58 mid-covid :rofl:

Like, I’m the world’s biggest fan of used gear, and even I wouldn’t buy a used microphone during a pandemic.

6 Likes

:100:

4 Likes

It’s the relic’ed version! :rofl:

6 Likes

In the Irish music category tonight…
My daughter was part of the Met’s (boo, I’m a Yankees fan) pregame show of a bunch of Irish dance schools.
She’s the one with the light hair in the duo…

15 Likes

That is awesome! Even it was the Mets. :grin:

5 Likes

@PamPurrs latest double bass purchase reminded me of this video. A Jazz bass professor explaining why double bass is awesome and acoustic bass pretty much sucks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting!
He’s playing a 1938 Kaye. I came close to buying a 1951 Kaye but it was a bit too beat up and the seller wouldn’t budge on the price.

I had an Ibanez acoustic bass for awhile, but didn’t care for it. I much prefer the uprigrht.

3 Likes

Simone invents a musical instrument.

Been a fan of hers for years

2 Likes
7 Likes

Happily sitting on my back deck noodling over some jam tracks, when I was reminded of Mark Knopfler talking about being able to play and once you can then:

“It’s a friend to you all your life”

I think of bass like this now. Iechyd da!

https://youtu.be/OG__SwkV3wg?t=510

8 Likes

Uh…all hail the Bizzarro Bass?

11 Likes